The Thieves

Calling all self-proclaimed mangaka!

The Thieves

Postby whisperingloon » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:07 am

The Thieves is a comic book I've written about the thieves crucified with Christ.

It's available as a free download from Wowio.

Here's the link:

http://www.wowio.com/users/product.asp?BookId=2608

(Wowio acts like an iTunes for books. You download the book as a PDF after setting up an account. Accounts are free, book are free. It's a pretty sweet set up.)

Hope you like it!

The Thieves itself would be PG or, possibly, PG-13. The violence is mostly off the page, but the effects of the violence are seen. And the story ends in a crucifixion. (Not a spoiler -- it's obviously THAT story. Of course, there is, hopefully, a twist to the ending.) No sexual content, although there are some references (it makes sense in the context of the story).

(Please be aware that there are other materials on Wowio that I do not endorse. At all.)

~ Ben Avery
~~~~~~~~
www.benaveryonline.com
The descent to Avernus is easy;
The gate of Pluto stands open night and day;
But to retrace one’s steps and return to the upper air,
That is the toil, that is the difficulty.
-Virgil
whisperingloon

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:17 pm

Ah, I didn't realize you were on Wowio. It is nice to read some of these things that I never would have acquired otherwise. Tempest really impressed me, by the way.

There have obviously been quite a few stories about the thieves, but this one stands out to me. Everything feels natural and it weaves well with the events of Passover week. Also, your twist worked wonderfully: the conclusion seemed obvious but not so forward that I became suspicious.

Next I want to read Lullaby, but for the moment I'll have to resist gaming the system.
uc pseudonym

Postby Maledicte » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:57 pm

Oo! I'll have to look into getting an account.
Maledicte

Postby whisperingloon » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:40 pm

uc pseudonym (post: 1207561) wrote:There have obviously been quite a few stories about the thieves, but this one stands out to me. Everything feels natural and it weaves well with the events of Passover week. Also, your twist worked wonderfully: the conclusion seemed obvious but not so forward that I became suspicious.

Thanks.

I've only heard of one story about the thieves and haven't gotten a chance to see it (it's one of those old school sand and sandal epics, from my understanding) so I wanted to explore these two guys a little bit. But I wanted to do it in such a way that, hopefully, gave that twist. Glad that it worked for you!

I've actually originally planned this out as an episodic series, but getting artists to commit has been difficult. So I went ahead and did it like this.

Thieves is only available on Wowio. I plan to print it this summer to take to some of the conventions. But for now, this is it.

~ Ben
~~~~~~~~
www.benaveryonline.com
The descent to Avernus is easy;
The gate of Pluto stands open night and day;
But to retrace one’s steps and return to the upper air,
That is the toil, that is the difficulty.
-Virgil
whisperingloon

Return to Webmanga/comics