Conventional Wisdom

Calling all self-proclaimed mangaka!

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:34 pm

Ante Bellum (post: 1321957) wrote:Don't die!

I promise NOTHING! :sweat:
Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Location: Washington, DC (when I'm not in an alternate universe)

Postby Robin Firedrake » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:00 pm

I read through them. I've never been to a con but they were funny nontheless!
Robin Firedrake

Postby Makachop^^128 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:00 pm

the first day at a con ur like "why did I wast all that money"
but all the other days its great ^^
but it is annoying when people keep stopping for pics :P
"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."-Mal

http://www.facebook.com/ShaylaChan

http://www.shelfari.com/shaylabot
http://myanimelist.net/profile/ShaylaBot
Makachop^^128

Postby Ante Bellum » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:07 pm

I mostly spent my money over the course of the weekend...but I bought a bit of silver jewelry from one of the dealers, so that's where most of mine went.
I also got an imported Vincent figure. It's awesome.
Being a really popular character gets you stopped a lot. I was...well, you can see by my avatar. I got stopped a lot, but the second day I wore some Trauma Center cosplay and almost no one recognized me until I mentioned Awesome Center. But I got to perform surgery. And dissect Mudkips.
And by the way...
I know CPR. I can call upon it when need be. Let me reiterate: don't make me use CPR.
I'm serious. I'll take away ALL the candy.
Ante Bellum

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:07 pm

Okay, gang! Otakon comics are now online! (click here!)

This batch took a little longer than usual, 'cos I didn't get anywhere near as much drawn at the actual con as i would have liked. Still, I think it turned out pretty well! You guys have any thoughts?
Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Postby Makachop^^128 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:36 pm

Blitzkrieg1701 (post: 1331525) wrote:Okay, gang! Otakon comics are now online! (click here!)

This batch took a little longer than usual, 'cos I didn't get anywhere near as much drawn at the actual con as i would have liked. Still, I think it turned out pretty well! You guys have any thoughts?

ah once again brilliant ^^
otakus SHOULD never have sugar I'm a liveing example.
Love the stoner cosplay hehe
"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."-Mal

Makachop^^128

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:15 pm

I just wish I'd actually gotten some pictures in that costume. This is, like, the 4th convention in a row that I've brought that costume to where I either missed the Eureka Seven photoshoot or it just didn't happen (I'm still not sure which it was this time)
Image Image

Blitzkrieg1701

Postby Makachop^^128 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:07 pm

Blitzkrieg1701 (post: 1331546) wrote:I just wish I'd actually gotten some pictures in that costume. This is, like, the 4th convention in a row that I've brought that costume to where I either missed the Eureka Seven photoshoot or it just didn't happen (I'm still not sure which it was this time)

yep this last year I cosplayed as Ed and I only got one pic and I was on jets back...very embarrassing but it was cute I just was too shy to go by myself with some cowboybebop people. and I was with a whole group of advent children cosplayers that did REALLY well so no one noticed me lol ^^

but this next year I'm going as Eureka most likely in the ep 26 outfit so that should be fun.

Makachop^^128

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:51 am

Yay for Eureka Seven cosplay! :D
Image Image

Blitzkrieg1701

Postby Makachop^^128 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:26 am

Blitzkrieg1701 (post: 1331831) wrote:Yay for Eureka Seven cosplay! :D

i loved that anime BIG EXPLOSIONS! and weird girls like me lol

Makachop^^128

Postby Ante Bellum » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:04 pm

Sounds like it was fun. I take it you're alive then?
Ante Bellum

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:55 am

Well, the jury's still out on that. I could be undead at this point. Otakon's been known to do that to people.
Image Image

Blitzkrieg1701

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:50 pm

What? Me, double post? NAW...

But seriously, I just got a whole mess of new comics up about Anime USA.

And even MORE important, I'm gonna try posting weekly "filler arc" sort of stuff between now and my next convention (Katsucon) just to see if I can keep readership up for more than four weeks out of the year *hinthint* So stay tuned for more of that!
Image Image

Blitzkrieg1701

Postby Ante Bellum » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:05 pm

WHOOO! Now we must celebrate!
Ante Bellum

Postby goldenspines » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:43 pm

Just posting to say that I am reading and enjoying your comic, Blitz. ^_^
goldenspines

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:43 pm

YAY! Thank you!

And, to celebrate, I say we... uh... hmmm... I dunno. Hey, anyone around here party enough to know what we should do?
Image Image

Blitzkrieg1701

Postby Makachop^^128 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:20 pm

Amazing! love the steampunk one ^^ they were really funny ^^

Makachop^^128

Postby Ante Bellum » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:52 pm

Play VIDEO GAMES!
Okay, anyone else know what we could do?
Ante Bellum

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:36 pm

I know! WATCH ANIME!

Wait, no. That's not really the right idea either...

Makachop^^128 (post: 1358066) wrote:Amazing! love the steampunk one ^^ they were really funny ^^

I hope that one didn't sound like I was mocking steampunk in general. I really do think it's cool if you really do something original with it. I just get concerned when people act like adding eye protection to ANYTHING is all it takes.
Image Image

Blitzkrieg1701

Postby Makachop^^128 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:04 am

I hope that one didn't sound like I was mocking steampunk in general. I really do think it's cool if you really do something original with it. I just get concerned when people act like adding eye protection to ANYTHING is all it takes.

No, not at all. I'm a big Steampunk fan, but it really bugs me when people think if they just put on some goggles it makes it steampunk.

Makachop^^128

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:19 pm

Whew! Success then!

...now I guess I;d better hurry up and start working on that weekly material, huh?

*gulp*
Image Image

Blitzkrieg1701

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:26 pm

What? Me? Bump my own topic? ABSURD!

...well, okay. After a few months of weekly filler updates, Conventional Wisdom has finally had another MAJOR update, with17 new pages about Katsucon.

Hey, I was up all night bounding those things out, so I really wanna make sure people know it happened, ya know?

SPeaking of staying up all night... I'm gonna go collapse. ZZZZzzzzzzzz...
Image Image

Blitzkrieg1701

Postby Ante Bellum » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:03 am

Yaaaaaay!
Ante Bellum

Postby goldenspines » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:21 am

Blitzkrieg1701 (post: 1374342) wrote:What? Me? Bump my own topic? ABSURD!

...well, okay. After a few months of weekly filler updates, Conventional Wisdom has finally had another MAJOR update, with17 new pages about Katsucon.

Hey, I was up all night bounding those things out, so I really wanna make sure people know it happened, ya know?

SPeaking of staying up all night... I'm gonna go collapse. ZZZZzzzzzzzz...

Great stuff, as usual!

At first, I totally thought you were joking about the convention center's name. XDD

Page 6 and page 10 are very true. And page 17 made me chuckle. Sometimes I wish the con would follow me home, but to the dentist is a little weird. o.O

Best of luck in the rest of your con ventures.
goldenspines

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:13 pm

Oh man, you have NO idea how surprising it was when I mentioned being at an anime convention, and she's goes "OH! You mean the one in Maryland?"

Oh, and by the way: in case you missed the note under the last page, I AM going to keep doing weekly filler pager for at least a little while longer (at least until Animazement in May) so keep checking!
Image Image

Blitzkrieg1701

Postby Ante Bellum » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:11 pm

Haha, I need to go and read all of those filler arcs. Otherwise, though, just read the pages you just got up.
Ante Bellum

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:43 pm

Ideally, the new filler stuff will go up each Wednesday
Image Image

Blitzkrieg1701

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:00 pm

*cough* Huh? What double post? I don't see any double post!

But hey, as long as I'm here, I might as well mention that the new Animazement pages are finally finished and online. Yay!!!
Image Image

Blitzkrieg1701

Postby mechana2015 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:58 pm

I'm catching up right now...
1. I'd like to go to Katsucon just to see the convention center.
2. Cosplay shoots... yeah. You hit it on the ball there, though they can skew different directions of bizarre/hilarious. (ask about the Vongola tree if you dare)

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:49 pm

Dude, the Gaylord (Katsucon's new home) is ABSURDLY huge. There were two other events going on that weekend and THERE WERE STILL EMPTY ROOMS!
Image Image

Blitzkrieg1701

Previous Next

Return to Webmanga/comics