Canvas: If you've seen a Sunrise, then you'd understand

Calling all self-proclaimed mangaka!

Canvas: If you've seen a Sunrise, then you'd understand

Postby firestorm » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:24 am

With every new chapter in life comes new challenges. This year I'll be heading to Teen Mania's Honor Academy in Garden Valley Texas, and I've finally decided to follow the Lord's Leadership with a new project called "Canvas".

Canvas is going to be a huge 3-year long project which includes manga issues and possibly (if Lord willing everything works well, because the Internship has a working production studio within it) an animated short film.

The Idea of Canvas came about quite some time ago, as I was pondering ideas for a Christian based manga. It'll be a maxi-series who's moral centers around the knowledge that Creation declares the existence of a Creator, namely God.

To give a Synopsis,
The City of Canvas, lives within a watercolor painting. Everyday this water colored world is expanded upon with new buildings popping up full of new citizens with complete backstories, but no one seems to think any of it except for one young boy, who is one of the few Artists who live within the city. When Miracles happen that seem like some otherworldly painter is causing them, the town starts to point fingers at the boy and seek him out. But when he hears the words" If you've seen a Sunrise, then you'd understand" by a mysterious voice, he sets out on an adventure to find the world's true painter and why everything is happening.

Canvas will be a huge project, I will be using traditional art and photoshop to be bringing a world seeped in watercolor full of vibrant characters, plots, and settings.

Where do you come in?

Well currently I need prayer. Lots of it. If you've seen my attendance record in CAA's RP section you'll know I'm not really known for sticking with an idea for too long. So PLEASE pray for God to give me the dedication to keep up with this large endeavor. and I want to change that with this project. It's gonna take alot of work cause I've got lots of writing and character designs to do before I even get to drawing the first Issue. I'd say it's gonna take some time before it is finished but once I get on it I know the Lord is gonna bless it to Impact Millions for his Kingdom.

Not only that but, if I do get into the production studio track of HA, that God opens the windows of heaven to pour down his love and grace in getting this done. I'd probably have to present it to the head staff over there, so definitely pray in that God would open their hearts to the idea and that he provides a way to make it the way he wants it--amazing.

I also need Accountability. If any of you can help me by asking me weekly as a reminder whether I've worked on it or not that would be great, because there has never been a worthwhile endeavor that didn't have a team of people behind supporting it, and that's what I need right now.

Right now it seems like God wants me to work with several artists on this but I am currently still in the writing stage so what's important right now is character design, of which I have some ideas of right now. (which I may or may not post up on here at some point :) )

Anyways, yeah any help with keeping me in your prayers and keeping me accountable would be great right now, as this is a huge undertaking. But things worth working for the Kingdom of Christ is always worth the effort. Please pray that this goes well and that God gets what he needs done through me. Love you guys!

In Christ's name,

from your brother,
Ivan
Come check my facebook fan page here If you want to see some great photography and art!

I am currently on my 4th draft of the script for Canvas! Canvas is a watercolor animated short about how everything declares of a Creator and how everything happens for a reason. If anyone would like to help by sending me resources on watercolor or animation it would be greatly appreciated!

I am also on my 1st draft of a short live-action Romcom called "Behind Every Good Man! Behind Every Good Man is about a Bride-to-be, Evelyn, who must stop her Mother-in-Law, Pamela, from living her dream wedding through Evelyn's. Along the way she learns what it means to be a Woman of Integrity today! If anyone wants to help let me know!

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Postby acgifford » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:04 pm

Say I remember you telling me about this...I support you all the way! If there is anything I can do to help besides to keep you accountable, let me know!
[color="Lime"]"Do or do not, there is no try." Yoda[/color]
[color="DarkOrange"]Psalm32: 1 Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.[/color]
Proud member of MOES!! You better believe I have no scrolling.^_~
[color="Blue"]Doctor Who fan!! [/color]:jump:
[color="Yellow"]"Dare to read, think, speak and write." John Adams[/color]
[color="Pink"]Proud Member of the SisterHoos! ^^[/color]
[color="Red"]Vash the Stampede: I meditate diligently every morning. The subject is Life and Love. I quit after three seconds.[/color]
acgifford

Postby firestorm » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:34 pm

So currently right now my goal are to finish my 3 previous projects that I've had with some people prior to this, but those should be done within the next two weeks to a month. Aside from that I need to fundraise for my internship. Then I'll be able to start this fully.
It might not sound like much but I came up with this killer line for one of the characters the other day, and I'm seeing about getting in contact with a friend of mine I meet two weeks ago about showing me how he colored his work, cause was really good stuff.

So goals this next month
-1st. Finish 3 previous projects. (UPDATE 1/3 DONE)
-2nd. Fundraise
-3rd. Write and get in contact with artist friend.

That's the update for this week!
Come check my facebook fan page here If you want to see some great photography and art!

I am currently on my 4th draft of the script for Canvas! Canvas is a watercolor animated short about how everything declares of a Creator and how everything happens for a reason. If anyone would like to help by sending me resources on watercolor or animation it would be greatly appreciated!

I am also on my 1st draft of a short live-action Romcom called "Behind Every Good Man! Behind Every Good Man is about a Bride-to-be, Evelyn, who must stop her Mother-in-Law, Pamela, from living her dream wedding through Evelyn's. Along the way she learns what it means to be a Woman of Integrity today! If anyone wants to help let me know!

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Postby acgifford » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:18 pm

Awesome. I look foward to seeing what God is going to do through you and for your life.:)
[color="Lime"]"Do or do not, there is no try." Yoda[/color]
[color="DarkOrange"]Psalm32: 1 Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.[/color]
Proud member of MOES!! You better believe I have no scrolling.^_~
[color="Blue"]Doctor Who fan!! [/color]:jump:
[color="Yellow"]"Dare to read, think, speak and write." John Adams[/color]
[color="Pink"]Proud Member of the SisterHoos! ^^[/color]
[color="Red"]Vash the Stampede: I meditate diligently every morning. The subject is Life and Love. I quit after three seconds.[/color]
acgifford

Re: Canvas: If you've seen a Sunrise, then you'd understand

Postby AdriTan » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:28 am

I want to see this happen! I absolutely love the idea! How has it been going since these last posts?
AdriTan

Postby firestorm » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:40 pm

Hey guys, I know this is gravedigging but just thought I'd update you on this, because it hasn't been a while. Currently I'm working on this as a project in my screenwriting class! I'm currently working on character development for my main character. I've also came up with some neat ideas for other characters as well. Currently working on an inciting incident for it as we are now learning story structure.
firestorm

Postby firestorm » Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:07 pm

hey guys, Just updating you! I've now switched my major to animation and this past semester I started to do character designs and Background design for Canvas! During the 1st year of the program we basically learn a lot of the principles, techniques, and programs for animating while developing an Idea for a short film. to pitch to our teachers and hopefully get to produce it during the 2nd year. From all our pitches they accept and green light 4 of them, and we produce them the 2nd year. As it is a community college, pray definitely that the Lord put it in the teachers heart's to produce this film with me so the Gospel will be preached to people. A lot of my classmates love it (though I haven't told many yet that It's to minister the gospel through it.) but I hope it gets produced! :)

Also, I'm hoping to Improve in Character Design or Storyboarding so I am also I'm making a Artblog to put up art that will not necessarily have to do with Canvas, but to show and receive critique from other artists out there. It may or may not have a webcomic on there soon. I'm still debating on it because I was told to start practicing sequential art so I can do storyboarding the best I can. I went to a talk by Conrad Montgomery, Director of Comedy for Cartoon Network, and he encouraged me saying that though my sketches are rough, he sees that I'm on my way to becoming a storyboard artist. So I was really happy! :). Anyways yeah looks like the Lord is leading back to my original calling of doing comic books in the process of doing this short film for him!

I do have one question for you guys! If you were to subscribe to an art blog, what would you like to see? Character designs? tutorials? backgrounds? Would you like to hear more behind the scenes stuff or see the thought process behind all of it or what? What would you like to see for an Art blog concerning this stuff? Sorry If I'm a bit vague just a bit excited is all! Yay! The Lord's working through Canvas
firestorm

Return to Webmanga/comics