Like or dislike this manga

yes
50%
no
50%

Total votes: 2

my potential manga project called the final shinobi

Postby Never thirsty! » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:34 pm

A manga that takes place in 3000 AD about a ninja who has been frozen in ice for 2000 years is thawed out by a cat who migrated from the fire civilization now know as pyrozen but now it's only a memory as the fire civilization died off two hundred years ago rain no longer exists due to the water civilization's(hydrozen) overuseage of water for their wars which means Hydrozen is also no more Chryozen and electrozen are also gone due to the lack of water for ice and lack of stormclouds for electricity he is the last living shinobi he is from the civilization known as chlorozen or the plant civilization see what I did there fire, water, ice electricity and plant these civilizations all are able to control their natural elements and have there own specific fighting style the chlorozenians use ninjutsu or else he wouldn't be a shinobi and the other civilizations have now risen from their graves and wish to kill him so he's in a fight for his life trying to keep himself safe and alive like he wants to be they have colored gi's based upon their element: water blue
ice white
electric yellow
fire red
plant green
I'm drafting the first strip I would like ideas for revisions if I should change the storyline and how so and if you like it if you don't tell me I will take that into consideration as well
violence 5-8
bad religion 10(psychic manipulation of the elements also called occult arts made by satan himself but in american comics it's a superpower but it's manga so it's naturally EVIL:( )
Last edited by Never thirsty! on Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never thirsty!

Re: my potential manga project called the final shinobi

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:25 pm

...If you want to write a manga (or pretty much anything), learn how to use periods. They are your friends.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby DangoDaikazoku » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:30 pm

Sounds interesting, but a bit too much like Avatar the Last Airbender. Perhaps work on tweaking a few things?
DangoDaikazoku

Postby Never thirsty! » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:38 pm

I personally thought it sounded like naruto civilization hidden in the.., compared to village hidden in the leaves ect. but yeah I guess it does except nobody's able to control all five elements and he doesn't have to learn the elements and he's the last human on earth not just of his peeps(the air nomads) and they have a fighting style that is physical instead of just elemental manipulation of elements and it technically wasn't an an anime for two reasons the writing in the beginning is not Japanese the fire symbol is similar but the other three are totally not Japanese. Also it never had a manga.
and three their eyes aren't one eye's distance apart and have no reflections which is a core part of manga/ anime art
Never thirsty!

Postby mechana2015 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:18 pm

Never thirsty! wrote:and three their eyes aren't one eye's distance apart and have no reflections which is a core part of manga/ anime art

I don't know what you're getting at with the rest of it, but this is pretty bizarre to say. The widely varied art styles used in anime are most definitely not as strict as you're claiming it is, and definitely isn't a core part.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Ante Bellum » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:35 pm

One eye apart plus reflections is just general anatomy.
So you're saying you're going to ignore anatomy.

Which a lot of comics already do.
Last edited by Ante Bellum on Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ante Bellum

Postby DaughterOfZion » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:06 pm

How does Avatar not being Japanese have anything to do with your idea sounding similar to it? Just because your idea doesn't have every single minute detail in common with Avatar doesn't keep it from being almost too similar.

Also, a quick nitpick, Avatar isn't just element manipulation, every form of bending was based off of an existing martial arts, Water= Tai Chi, Fire= Northern ShaolIn, Earth= Hung Gar, and Air= Ba Gua Zhang.
DaughterOfZion

Postby goldenspines » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:24 am

The five element powers is a long standing (and often overused) fantasy trope. Just once, I'd love to see someone use different colors for those elements than the stereotypical ones (water-blue, fire-red, etc.), but that might be an impossible dream.

So, your story is about the last human on earth (of the plant civilization) being attacked by elemental zombies? I guess that works. I hope your zombies look awesome.
Technically speaking, you didn't give us anything of your storyline, just your premise, so I can't really say whether you should change anything or not....

Side note, Avatar: The Last Airbender isn't an anime for one reason, it wasn't made in Japan. There have been any anime without a manga, there also have been many anime based on Chinese/another country's mythology and containing other characters besides that found in Japanese.
But Avatar is not an anime because it is not Japanese made.
and three their eyes aren't one eye's distance apart and have no reflections which is a core part of manga/ anime art
As a researcher in the department of Japanese art, this is not true at all. There are no formulas for anime or manga artistic styles, though there are stylistic trends, but the art type is by no means bound to those trends. In fact, you'll notice that most manga and anime have varying art styles (compare One Piece to Naruto or Bleach. Then compare Full Moon wo Sagashite to Jojo's Bizarre Adventure).
goldenspines

Return to Webmanga/comics