KingdomCome webmanga

Calling all self-proclaimed mangaka!

Postby Mave » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:39 am

Ack ack ack.....updates, here we go again.

Chapter 7: Page 11-12 added. Pardon any spelling/grammar errors this time. UC, I will censor that term in pg 10 to reflect what I truly intended, thanks!
Mave

Postby Nami » Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:39 am

Yay! updates! No worries Mave! We aren't to rushed for time XDD We can wait! It should be the readers who understand that the writer/artist needs and break, and we should give the writer/Artist that respect XD
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Postby Mave » Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:37 am

Ack, I forgot to post the last update! For those who depend on this thread for updates, pages 13 - 16 have been added. ^^

Hi Nami, that's nice of you to say that. ;) *encouraged* YOSH!
Mave

Postby Mave » Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:22 am

Chapter 7 is completed, two last pages added. ^^
Mave

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:59 pm

I think this update really defines Linda's character more for me. For whatever that is worth. Now for the unimportant details...

Page 17
Panel 4: I think you mean "distance" instead of "distant."
Panel 6: "Weirdo creepo" sounds a bit odd to me. Creepy weirdo? Any variation without the "o" repetition is good. Or maybe I just haven't heard that one. Funny panel, anyway.

Page 18
Panel 6: "Ever since" got crunched into one word.
uc pseudonym

Postby jon_jinn » Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:50 pm

man. i love this webmanga. it's SOOO good! keep up the good work mave!!! :thumb:
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:57 pm

Glad that you think so. Unfortunately, I post here to provide an unfortunate piece of news: Mave is currently in another life transition and is going to be on haitus for at least a month.
uc pseudonym

Postby c.t.,girl » Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:38 pm

awwwwww! ToT
[color="DarkOrange"]"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things... hey... the good things don't always soften the bad things; but vice-versa the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant." -11th Doctor

"The advice I like to give young artists, or really anybody who’ll listen to me, is not to wait around for inspiration. Inspiration is for amateurs; the rest of us just show up and get to work. If you wait around for the clouds to part and a bolt of lightning to strike you in the brain, you are not going to make an awful lot of work. All the best ideas come out of the process; they come out of the work itself. Things occur to you. If you’re sitting around trying to dream up a great art idea, you can sit there a long time before anything happens. But if you just get to work, something will occur to you and something else will occur to you and something else that you reject will push you in another direction. Inspiration is absolutely unnecessary and somehow deceptive. You feel like you need this great idea before you can get down to work, and I find that’s almost never the case." - Chuck Close[/color]
c.t.,girl

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:35 pm

Hmm. "Linda picks on Gil to keep him out of trouble," huh? I, like Kim aparently does, am not entirely sure that's the reason. : : innocently mischievous smile : : Besides, that doesn't make any sense at all. How does picking on someone keep them out of trouble?

As far as one temperamental girl who focuses her wrath on you or a legion of fangirls . . . gee, that's a tough one. Part of me says the fangirls would be interesting, but I'm sure that would get old rather quickly. On the other hand, it would be irritating and would hurt for one girl to focus her displeasure entirely on me, especially if she was a friend of mine. Sounds like the choice between being shot with a revolver or autoloading pistol to me. XD

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby Mave » Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:57 am

UC, thanks for the corrections although I fully intended "Weirdo Creepo." XD Will fix the pages once I get the chance to work on comics again (whenever that would be, goodness). Also, thanks for letting others know about my temporary hiatus! Yes, folks. I will be rather busy in the next few weeks and cannot promise any new pages for the time being. My apologies in advance. Take heart, I will never leave a story unfinished unless I die before completion. :eh:

Raiden, as you may already have suspected.... Linda isn't supposed to make much sense at this point. She's evolving into a rather strange character (in a relative sense, I suppose) and I guess that it will take a few more chapters to get into her mindset, which hopefully will help us understand why she does what she does. I also want to point out that observation was solely Paul's. Paul may be a leader but that doesn't make him right all the time.

Temperamental girl vs legion of fangirls: Heh. As a female, I find fangirls quite scary and PMSing women terrifying. I can only imagine how dreadful both would be for the average guy (who I suspect would have a harder time understanding fangirlism and female hormones).
Mave

Postby Ryupower » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:22 pm

wow, it's finally up? :O
My DA

(\_/)
(O.o) Copy The Bunny Into Your Sig
(> <) Help Him Achieve World Domination...
Ryupower

Chapter 8

Postby Mave » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:52 am

Ryupower wrote:wow, it's finally up? :O

Oro??

Folks, I am pleased to announce that KingdomCome resumes activity: Chapter 8 begins.

Thanks to those who have been faithfully sticking around as I scrambled to get my personal life in order during my 2-3 month hiatus! ;)
Mave

Postby jon_jinn » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:15 pm

good to hear that you're back on track.

P.S. YOUR MANGA ROCKS!!!

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:36 pm

Odd that I have to check a forum in order to find out about an update on a website I help run...

It's great to see another chapter beginning, though. I have a tendency to forget what happened previously, but this one set the scene without going over too much previous ground. You'd think Kim would clarify, but perhaps that's just me.
uc pseudonym

Postby Mithrandir » Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:59 am

[quote="Mave"]Thanks to those who have been faithfully sticking around as I scrambled to get my personal life in order during my 2-3 month hiatus! ]
Your personal life was on back-order this whole time?

*ducks*

Good to see you're back on! :thumb:
Mithrandir

Postby Mave » Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:52 am

Mithrandir wrote:Your personal life was on back-order this whole time?

*ducks*

Good to see you're back on! :thumb:

*misses OldMith by an inch* LOL You're quick!

Thanks, it's great to be back. Let's hope I'll be around for a longer period of time. There were too many interruptions last year.

uc pseudonym wrote: You'd think Kim would clarify, but perhaps that's just me.

Hehe, it probably is. I can see myself doing what Kim did. I'm not sure why but I would lean towards "Hmm....that's strange. OK, I'll ask her about this later."
Mave

Postby Mave » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:43 pm

If all goes well, we should have a regular update of 2-3 pages per week.

With that said, Page 2 & 3 added. XD
Mave

Postby jon_jinn » Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:14 pm

cool! a weekly update!! nice! anyways, keep up the good work mave!!

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Mave » Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:58 pm

*crawls into thread*

My apologies. I forgot to take Chinese New Year into account and was occupied with that holiday season. Thanks for your patience!

4 pages added! XD Huzzah.
Mave

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:16 am

Huzzah indeed!

I didn't notice the other Bible study members last time the group met. I thought it was just the main characters. Gil's dismissal of Berserk reminds me of my occasional music-related rants [not all of them aimed at secular artists].

A website-related note: The "Next" and "Previous" links appear to be somewhat out of whack. The "Next" links took me backwards.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Raiden no Kishi

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:13 pm

Huzzah seconded. I'm liking the current plot progression, actually. It will be interesting to see where it leads.

Raiden no Kishi wrote:Gil's dismissal of Berserk reminds me of my occasional music-related rants [not all of them aimed at secular artists].

He pretty much agrees with me. I like him better now, thanks to these pages.

I found that the Next and Previous links seemed switched, myself.
uc pseudonym

Postby Mave » Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:21 am

Thanks for the note! I've corrected the link.

I hesitated on putting in that whole conversation because I didn't want him to be annoying. I thought that some folks may take his dismissal as being arrogant or almost elitist from a musical preference standpoint. In a way, it's good to hear some agreeing with him. Thanks for the feedback!

Now, this does bring me to share something that has been in my head for a while now.

For all you storywriters out there, do you find yourself intentionally creating characters that you don't like or don't really understand?

I ask this because I think so far, some KCome characters could be annoying, fickled-minded, superficially happy-go-lucky, stubborn and anti-social. Crazy as it sounds, I'm sometimes frustrated with my own characters for what they think or do! So far, I've had occasional moments where I wouldn't mind smacking Doug, Kim or Linda.

But then. I remind myself that these characters should be around 14-16 years old with the exception of the adults (i.e. manager, teacher, Doug's sister.....one day I'll reveal her name). Oh wait, I haven't decided Doug's age yet but ah never mind. I pose this question first, "Are most of the characters acting like their age (with the exception of Doug)?"

Honestly, I don't want the kids acting older than they really are....*cough GundamWing cough.* I mean, teenagers as politicians and army dictators? I do not mean any offence to any of my teenage friends but I'm just trying to be realistic. When I was 15 years old, all I wanted to do was collect stickers, ride my bicycle, chat on the phone with friends and listen to pop music (yes, boybands).

What were you doing when you were 15?
Mave

Postby soul alive » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:59 am

Great to see you back, Mave!

I find your characters believable for their age - teens have a pretty wide range of behavior. I was always pretty serious, but my friends were still giggling over boys like they were 11 when we graduated high school. *shrug*

Hm, at 15, I was pretty much busy being a nerd - band, speech & debate, science bowl, science fair, 4H. And the rest of the time I had my nose stuck in a book.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:31 pm

Mave wrote:I hesitated on putting in that whole conversation because I didn't want him to be annoying. I thought that some folks may take his dismissal as being arrogant or almost elitist from a musical preference standpoint.

Heh. No, it struck me as fairly characteristic, if a bit of a whirlwind of objections. I actually felt that bit of dialog was better than standard (not that your standard is bad).

Mave wrote:For all you storywriters out there, do you find yourself intentionally creating characters that you don't like or don't really understand?

That's a very interesting thought. For the most part, no. I like most of my characters in one way or another. Some of them are very unlike me, but I feel that I generally understand their character and why they are who they are.

After some reflection, however, I realize I have a tendency to make characters that are more shallow than I like. This can probably be traced to a pride problem, in that I tend to think the majority of everyone is pretty shallow.

Mave wrote:But then. I remind myself that these characters should be around 14-16 years old with the exception of the adults (i.e. manager, teacher, Doug's sister.....one day I'll reveal her name). Oh wait, I haven't decided Doug's age yet but ah never mind. I pose this question first, "Are most of the characters acting like their age (with the exception of Doug)?"

Honestly, I don't want the kids acting older than they really are....*cough GundamWing cough.* I mean, teenagers as politicians and army dictators? I do not mean any offence to any of my teenage friends but I'm just trying to be realistic. When I was 15 years old, all I wanted to do was collect stickers, ride my bicycle, chat on the phone with friends and listen to pop music (yes, boybands).

I've never thought about that specifically, I guess. But that's mostly because, despite the fact that they're in high school, I've always thought about them as being older because they look so much older.
uc pseudonym

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:12 am

Well, I don't know about the rest of you, but when I was fifteen I was waging a one-man war on an oppressive military government with my secretly-designed mobile suit. Duh. ^_~

As to the characters, I saw them as late high-school to early college-age, myself. Abel's really the only one who looks like he could be 14-16, but that's just me.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

Raiden no Kishi

Postby Mave » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:46 pm

Interesting feedback, thanks! Although I originally had 14-16 years in mind, I'm open to raising their ages to late high school. That's the beauty of obscuring information in the beginning. XD

Perhaps my art style has evolved a little, making them look older overall. I noticed more angular face structures as opposed to the rounder structure (typically used to indicate youth). Abel is meant to look more child-like than the rest so I can see what you mean, Raiden.

Soul alive, now that you mentioned it, I was involved in some school activities but I honestly can't remember them right now. UC, shallow you say? Haven't really noticed that. I wonder what that means for myself. LOL
Mave

Postby Nami » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:17 pm

Mave wrote:Thanks for the note! I've corrected the link.

I hesitated on putting in that whole conversation because I didn't want him to be annoying. I thought that some folks may take his dismissal as being arrogant or almost elitist from a musical preference standpoint. In a way, it's good to hear some agreeing with him. Thanks for the feedback!

Now, this does bring me to share something that has been in my head for a while now.

For all you storywriters out there, do you find yourself intentionally creating characters that you don't like or don't really understand?

I ask this because I think so far, some KCome characters could be annoying, fickled-minded, superficially happy-go-lucky, stubborn and anti-social. Crazy as it sounds, I'm sometimes frustrated with my own characters for what they think or do! So far, I've had occasional moments where I wouldn't mind smacking Doug, Kim or Linda.

But then. I remind myself that these characters should be around 14-16 years old with the exception of the adults (i.e. manager, teacher, Doug's sister.....one day I'll reveal her name). Oh wait, I haven't decided Doug's age yet but ah never mind. I pose this question first, "Are most of the characters acting like their age (with the exception of Doug)?"

What were you doing when you were 15?

XD hey no worries, I like Gil, infact he is my favorite character so far. He kinda reminds me of myself. :) I don't know if that's good or bad LOL. Yes, sometimes I really do want to slap my characters.. they can be so obnoxious(Fairly certain I spelled that wrong...).

Oh? Well, considering I was only 15 a year ago. Let's see. Well, I liked to hang with my friends, I was and still am quite a Punk. I can actually relate to some of your Characters.. I was always poking-fun at people and what they liked.. maybe because when I was little people did that to me too..*shrug* :lol:
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Postby Mave » Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:01 am

LOL well, that's additional relief on my part! If I recall properly, some of my friends had this habit of poking fun at others when we were younger, so I think you and I seem normal. XD

Added 2 pages, btw.
Mave

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:40 pm

You know, for some reason, Gil reminds me of Duo Maxwell [from Gundam Wing]. I don't really know why.

That said, I wonder if there will be some tension between Gil and Kim now, considering that Gil basically insulted Kim as a musician to his face [albeit unintentionally]. However, I still think he has a point . . . . hehe.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

Raiden no Kishi

Postby yukishiro128 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:09 pm

My thoughts:

I think you've portrayed Gil's character perfectly. That's an extremely common personality type, and it's usually overplayed. He's actually my favorite character.

The story's so wonderful--it's not often you find such a spiritually renewing manga like this on the internet (besides the obvious, of course).

The artwork is awesome, but what I like the best is the eyes and hands, especially the hands. As an aspiring artist...well, let's just not mention the hands!

Wonderful job, awesome-greatness! :thumb:
http://www.busybeeband.com--Most awesome high school band ever. Check it out.

Hurry up and install your home security systems, 'cause Jesus is coming like a thief in the night.

[font="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="2"]ACCHONBURIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE][/font] :wow!:

:angel:
yukishiro128

Previous Next

Return to Webmanga/comics