KingdomCome webmanga

Calling all self-proclaimed mangaka!

Postby Mave » Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:27 pm

Raiden no Kishi wrote:You know, for some reason, Gil reminds me of Duo Maxwell [from Gundam Wing]. I don't really know why.

His design ~is~ partially inspired by Duo Maxwell. :grin: The reason you may have noticed the similarity in this round is because he's wearing something that looks more like Duo's suit (collar and folded up sleeves).

That said, I wonder if there will be some tension between Gil and Kim now, considering that Gil basically insulted Kim as a musician to his face [albeit unintentionally]. However, I still think he has a point . . . . hehe.

This will be addressed eventually. Kim's reaction to this plays an important role to the overall story and I'd like to see whether this reaction was predicted by readers or not.

Yukishiro: XD I was heavily inspired by the way Nobuhiro Watsuke draws hands in Rurouni Kenshin but I've had comments that my characters' hands don't look like they have much bones and need more details (nails etc). So I'm kinda trying to reconcile that in the most recent style although I'm not too sure if I like it.

Anyway, I would love to announce that I have updated pages but I don't. :sweat: :sweat: I'm sorry but I have huge project report deadlines to meet this week and will be away for a 1 week training business trip. I'll be back this April!
Mave

Postby Mave » Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:16 am

Good griefy, it's been two months since I updated here?! I've probably made at least 2 updates eversince and forgot to post here. Sorry, folks.

Chapter 8 is completed and before I move onto Chapter 9, I decided to goof around a bit with a timeout session. Pls check the website for this 6-page timeout section. Thank you.
Mave

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:57 pm

Say, is that a new page I spy? An awfully big one at that. Gil is still awesome, but I'm not too sure about the white[?] pants . . .

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby Mave » Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:55 am

WOA! I totally forgot to shrink the page size (this is what happens when you stop updating regularly, you forget the basic procedures). Thank for catching that! (^__^);

Pants: I was thinking of letting that one go and see how it proceeds. If it's too glaring and distracting ("ah my eyes, too white" LOL), I can always change the color. You know you're updating too slowly when ppl are commenting on the clothing LOL
Mave

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:03 pm

Raiden no Kishi wrote:An awfully big one at that.

There was simply too much awesome to fit in the normal size.
uc pseudonym

Postby Gypsy » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:24 pm

^ Agreed.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby ChristianKitsune » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:09 pm

I still go when what I said on the site: We got a totally up close and personal view of their lives! :D

BTW I LOVE GIL's outfit! ^_^ Yay for the mix n match look!

(so says the girl with a character with Blonde hair and blue tips XD)
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:37 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:There was simply too much awesome to fit in the normal size.

Well, duh ~ Mave made it!

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Raiden no Kishi

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:31 pm

Well, I don't see the edit button, so I humbly beseech the mods not to strike me down for this double-post.

That said . . . : : clears throat : :

YAY UPDATE!!! Uh-oh, Gil's got something evil planned. I predict awesome and maybe some awkward ~ and maybe a flying comma from the Grammar Ranger for this sentence. XD Don't worry about the car ~ they're tricky. Looks like a Porsche ~ did you use reference?

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

Raiden no Kishi

Postby Sakura15 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:37 am

XDD that was awesome! "So this is illegal?!" I love it! :grin:

Oh ho ho, what is it Gil and Linda have planned? keeping us in suspense :P
[color="SeaGreen"]
"For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." -Isaiah 41:13
[/color]

[font="Georgia"]
Sakura's Deviantart
[/font]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]
For what do I have
If I don't have You, Jesus?
What in this life
Could mean any more?- Starfield
[/color]
Sakura15

Postby Mave » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:03 am

*updates* This comic still lives....mwahahahahahahahahaha

EDIT: Btw, for any newcomers, updated link ---> http://kingdomcome.theproject.us/
Mave

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:44 pm

First post modified accordingly. Sorry about the limited ability to edit; it's a known bug and we're working on it.
uc pseudonym

Postby Mave » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:38 am

OK folks, this is my last official update post: Every time there's a comic update, you will see it in my signature.

See new image. Go check out update.

Simple, right? :)

So yeah, I will no longer post updates here unless ppl want to talk about something. Even so, I will politely direct you to our own forum, where you're more than welcome to discuss details on this comic series or any other stuff we have at the website ^^ -->

http://theproject.us/forum/index.php?board=3.0

That is all I wish to announce. Thank you ~
Mave

Postby steenajack » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:04 am

Mave, I just want to say I am a big fan of your manga. Your art, storyline, etc are all professional!!!!! I actually enjoy reading it more than certain secular manga I've read. I look forward to reading more. XD!
Please, feel free to check out my sites:

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
My tumblr[/color] Read...fave...reblog...repeat...
steenajack

Re: KingdomCome webmanga

Postby Mave » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:21 am

So.....hi everyone, this project has resurrected. I've trashed the previous chapter and am rewriting the script. Yup! After so many years, I'm working again on this with the focus to complete it (God willing!) Wheee!!
Mave

Re: KingdomCome webmanga

Postby Sheenar » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:34 am

Looking forward to it! :)
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Previous

Return to Webmanga/comics