The network TV: anime schedule and schedule changes thread!

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby Puguni » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:16 pm

Gah! I keep missing Gurren Lagann! ><+++
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby Roy Mustang » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:04 pm

Well, the lineup has been change on Adult Swim again.

Everything is going to stay the same untill Aug 23, but here is the run down again.

Note: All times are EST

August lineup for Adult Swim

Monday-Friday lineup

5:30 am Inyasha

Saturday's lineup for August 9

11:00 pm Metalacolypse

11:30 pm Venture Brothers

12:00 am Shin Chan

12:30 am Bleach

1:00 am Code Geass

1:30 am Moribito - Guardian of the Spirit (New)

Reruns of the anime above, air from 2:00 am to 5:00 am

5:00 am Inu Yasha

5:30 am Inu Yasha

Saturday's lineup for August 16

11:00 pm ATHF Film for theaters movie

1:00 am Shin-chan

1:00 am Shin-chan

Saturday's lineup form August 23 and August 30

11:00 pm Metalacolypse

11:30 pm Venture Brothers

[color="Red"][font="Book Antiqua"]Col. Roy Mustang[/font][/color]
Roy Mustang

Postby Roy Mustang » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:25 pm

Second Season of Code Geass will air on Adult Swim.

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:29 am

O_o isn't that a really stupid time to put a New Show on?? and I mean REALLY stupid?

Are they asking this show to fail XD because putting it on that late is like ridiculous...

but whatever I'll be watching it! XD Finally, I'll actually have a reason to watch AS again...
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby ashfire » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:30 am

I have had to video record most of the shows I want to see and look at it later when they are on late. I have fallen asleep during some of them and wake up in the middle of another.
ashfire

Postby Roy Mustang » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:44 pm

September lineup for Adult Swim

Monday-Friday lineup

Saturday's lineup for September

September lineup for Sci Fi channel

Monday, September 8

11:00 pm Gurren Lagann

11:30 pm Gurren Lagann

12:00 am Now and Then, Here and There

12:30 am Now and Then, Here and There

Monday, September 15

12:30 am Now and Then, Here and There

Monday, September 22

12:30 am Negadon: The monster from mars

Monday, September 29

12:00 am MD Geist

Roy Mustang

Postby ADXC » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:52 pm

Are they removing Bleach from the schedule?
ADXC

Postby Roy Mustang » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:18 pm

animedude90 wrote:Are they removing Bleach from the schedule?

Oopps, I forgot add them, silly me.

Its now fix.

Roy Mustang

Postby ADXC » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:27 pm

Okay that's good. I was about to cry(Just kidding.).
ADXC

Postby blkmage » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:22 pm

Wow, you guys get Code Geass R2 right after the end of the first season instead of waiting six months in between. That is impressive, considering R2 is going to finish airing in Japan by the end of the month.
blkmage

Postby Roy Mustang » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:08 pm

This is for the top three highest rated Adult Swim programs for Saturday in the age group of 18-34.

July 26

Bleach 248,000

Code Geass 230,000

Cowboy Bebop 176,000

August 2

Code Geass 281,000

Death Note 272,000

Bleach 270,000

August 9

Bleach 370,000

Venture Bros. 282,000

Cowboy Bebop 261,000

August 16

ATHFCMFFT (11:00 pm) 289,000

Shin Chan (4:00 am) 249,000

ATHFCMFFT (2:00 am) 245,000

August 23

Code Geass 251,000

Bleach 246,000

Shin Chan 239,000

August 30

Metalocalypse 240,000

Bleach 224,000

Venture Bros. 223,000

Roy Mustang

Postby Roy Mustang » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:50 pm

New Adult Swim lineup.

September lineup for Adult Swim starting Sept 13th.

Monday-Friday lineup

Sunday lineup for September

5:00 am Inyasha

Saturday's lineup for September

11:00 pm Bleach

11:30 pm Fullmetal Alchemist

Reruns of the anime above, air from 2:00 am to 3:00 am

5:00 Code Geass (new)

5:30 Moribito - Guardian of the Spirit (new)

September 27 is BK have it your night. So there could be anime on there or not.

They will air two eps of Inyasha in the 5 am slot.

Roy Mustang

Postby MasterDias » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:28 pm

Geass and Moribito at 5:00 AM. Are you kidding me?
At this rate, no anime distributor is going to want to bother with Adult Swim anymore if they place their series in abysmal time slots.

It looks like it was a good thing Bandai is moving to Scifi with Gurren Lagann and Gundam 00.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby ashfire » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:55 am

Why are they putting reruns in there. They are going to run viewers away from CN.
Well I'll just record the ones I want to see and fume.
NO GOOD @#$%^&**!
I guess Saturday Night Live and MAD TV will gain back their viewers.
Acourse I could watch DVDs of Anime I haven't looked at yet.
ashfire

Postby ADXC » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:10 pm

What the crud?! Are you serious?! Geez, man. Now I'll have to get up at 5:30am to see Moribito. It doesn't make a lick of sense for them to do this. If anything, they should move FMA to the hour of 5. Then put Bleach at 12, then Geass and Moribito following.

Roy, are they just not that popular or something?
ADXC

Postby crazypackersfan » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:06 am

I wonder if the relative quality of the Bleach filler compared to what it was during the Soul Society arc has caused the ratings to drop.

Anyway, from my latest check of the TV listings on TVGuide.com and Yahoo.com, it's got anime on Cartoon Network in this order, starting at 11pm:
Shin Chan, Bleach, Code Geass, Death Note, Ghost in the Shell, Cowboy Bebop (rinse, then repeat at 2am)

And when I click on the episode summaries, it would seem that the first episodes of at least Bleach, Death Note and Cowboy Bebop would be shown. (Being a huge Bleach fan all I really care about is new Bleach episodes, although I'd like Death Note to be run through again because I missed it the first time, and I've already seen all of Bebop.)

So my question is: how much of what I've written here is correct?
Anime Bowl (my blog) - the most unusual anime blog possible
crazypackersfan

Postby Roy Mustang » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:50 am

crazypackersfan wrote:I wonder if the relative quality of the Bleach filler compared to what it was during the Soul Society arc has caused the ratings to drop.

Anyway, from my latest check of the TV listings on TVGuide.com and Yahoo.com, it's got anime on Cartoon Network in this order, starting at 11pm:
Shin Chan, Bleach, Code Geass, Death Note, Ghost in the Shell, Cowboy Bebop (rinse, then repeat at 2am)

And when I click on the episode summaries, it would seem that the first episodes of at least Bleach, Death Note and Cowboy Bebop would be shown. (Being a huge Bleach fan all I really care about is new Bleach episodes, although I'd like Death Note to be run through again because I missed it the first time, and I've already seen all of Bebop.)

I went and look at TVguide.com web site as well and it does show the same thing as you have posted, but I'm wondering if it and this is a big maybe. That is the listings for Sept 27 BK have it your way night on Adult Swim.

Adult Swim lineup

We all know that Adult Swim had change their lineup so much that half of the time, what they show on their web site is not right and never really fix it untill later, but I really can't see them making this move and then turning around and changing it. That is, if Adult Swim is playing around with people, which wouldn't be a start move.

Also, I have seen the backdoor Adult Swim lineup on their web site and its the same as what they have on front page of Adult Swim web site. They mostly update that page first, before even posting the lineup on their front page of the web site and its the final one.

Now saying that. The reason why it could be the BK have it your way lineup is, if it shows first ep of Bleach, because as of now, they are still airing new eps of Bleach and the plan calls for ep 80 to air tomorrow night.

Roy Mustang

Postby crazypackersfan » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:14 am

That makes sense to me, I guess I'm just going to tune in at 11pm and find out what happens.

(On another note, it looks like there won't be break in Bleach for the rest of 2008, which makes me happy... let's get this filler over with!)
crazypackersfan

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:35 pm

o.o so that's why I'm watching Squidbillies right now instead of Moribito.
AS SUCKs. It's not worth watching anymore if they are going to do this to the anime fans...
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby crazypackersfan » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:42 am

Well who knows what they did with the schedule tonight, I don't get it. All I know is that I was able to see Bleach 80, so I'm happy.
crazypackersfan

Postby ashfire » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:55 am

After watching Bleach and FMA I started channel surfing when the AS junk they put on started. I would check to see what was showing at 15 to 30 intervals up to 1 AM and just turned the TV off and went sleep.
I did set my VCR up to record the shows for 5 to 6 AM so I can look at them later.
I hope last night proves that AS idea of Saturday Night didn't work their way and the ratings dropped like a stone into a sewer.
Maybe they will put the anime back on to make things happy for their boss Mr Turner.
I hope we can make their advertisers take notice if we let them know we don't like where their adds are.
A friend of mine use to deal with Comcast and had a TV ad about his comic book and game store on during AS.
He pulled his ad off and won't deal with them again.
There is a ad running now for Anime USA Con running now on CN and AS up to the start of the show in Oct.
Maybe they will pull theirs off because of the loss of the other anime.
ashfire

Postby ADXC » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:13 am

Well thank goodness I have DVR otherwise I would have had to wake up at 5:30 am. And in my current state that really isn't possible(Im sick.). So I will watch Moribito later whenever I get the chance.
ADXC

Postby Roy Mustang » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:39 am

To clear a few things, Ted Turner doesn't own any network stations anymore.

Also, if you hope that this fails, then that is a very wrong way to look at it. If this fails, then we may not see any anime at all anymore.

The ratings are already been taken a hit on Saturday for some time now. Death Note, Blood + and a few other anime titles haven't done well from the start on the lineup. Also, most of the advertisers are going for the 18-34 year old male range and of those people in that range mostly watch the Adult Swim programing and not anime. Really, anime fans don't mean a thing to the advertisers, because anime fans are not really sitting down to watch the anime on Adult Swim anyway.

Bleach, FMA have done okay, but mostly Cowboy Bebop and FLCL have been the anime titles to bring in really good ratings and why they have been aired a good number of times, but they are starting to get old and it shows by the last ratings from July to Aug.

Again, here is the top three highest rated Adult Swim programs for Saturday.

July 26

Bleach 248,000

Code Geass 230,000

Cowboy Bebop 176,000

August 2

Code Geass 281,000

Death Note 272,000

Bleach 270,000

August 9

Bleach 370,000

Venture Bros. 282,000

Cowboy Bebop 261,000

August 16

ATHFCMFFT (11:00 pm) 289,000

Shin Chan (4:00 am) 249,000

ATHFCMFFT (2:00 am) 245,000

August 23

Code Geass 251,000

Bleach 246,000

Shin Chan 239,000

August 30

Metalocalypse 240,000

Bleach 224,000

Venture Bros. 223,000

So, if the ratings drop more, then you could seen more changes to the lineup and I have a feeling that you may see even less anime.

Now, I know that it was odd to air Code Geass and Moribito - Guardian of the Spirit at 1 am to the 2 am time slot, but I feel that they needed to make a change before even airing it.

Now I think the reason why they move it to the 5 am to 6 am time slot is, because alot of people in the 18-34 male range are moslty watching college football now.

Really, this doesn't bug me that they change it. I mostly tape the stuff anyway and at least they still trying and putting anime on.

Some of the problem is the anime fans. Most of your otakus will not watch anime on TV at all. They whine about it being edited and because its dub, that they are not going to sit down and watch it.

If more people would stop thinking like that, then maybe anime would have a chance on Adult Swim. But I find it funny that the group that dislikes anime being put on tv or airing in dub format are also the first ones to get mad that anime was moved around or taken off and want to burn down the CN HQ.

Really, if I was working at Adult Swim and I had to leason to those anime fans and had to read all that hate mail, I would drop anime all together.

At least they are trying. They giving anime fans more then enough chances on showing anime and they even had an all anime block a few times on Sat and what happen, the ratings drop.

So, its not fair to just point fingers at Adult Swim here, the anime fans are also to blame just as Adult Swim has blame for this as well.

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang [/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:10 pm

Roy Mustang (post: 1258941) wrote:Some of the problem is the anime fans. Most of your otakus will not watch anime on TV at all. They whine about it being edited and because its dub, that they are not going to sit down and watch it.

If more people would stop thinking like that, then maybe anime would have a chance on Adult Swim. But I fine funny is, the group that dislikes anime being put on tv or airing in dub format are also the first ones to get mad that anime was move around or taken off and want to burn down the CN HQ.

Really, if I was working at Adult Swim and I had to leason to those anime fans and had to read all that hate mail, I would drop anime all together.

At least they are trying. They giving anime fans more then enough chances on showing anime and they even had an all anime block a few times on Sat and what happen, the ratings drop.

So, its not fair to just point fingers at Adult Swim here, the anime fans are also to blame just as Adult Swim has blame for this as well.

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang [/color][/font]

Well put, sadly. At this point, I don't think there's really anything Adult Swim CAN do to seriously improve the anime raitings. Too many people know they can see anime whenever they want online (by legal means or not) for a weekly TV spot to really hold any appeal. Adult Swim can give a show a good time slot and lots of promotion, but none of that can MAKE anyone watch a show they already saw months ago. Yeah, they can pull in more casual viewers, but the more serious they get about anime, the more likely it is that they'll quit watching TV and get stuff off the web.

I think the only way Adult Swim could really improve anime raitings would be to get some shows on the air BEFORE their fanbase has already seen everything. Unfortunately, they don't have any control over how long it takes for a show to get licensed and translated. Like I said, not really anything they can do.
Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Location: Washington, DC (when I'm not in an alternate universe)

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:42 pm

Well I just wish they had at least given Code Geass (a show that I dno't really like anyways ) and Moribito a chance... I mean to show NEW episodes THAT late?! It's insane... no wonder they didn't do well in the ratings. O_o

But yeah, It is the anime fan's fault too I suppose. XD I mean I only started watching AS again because of Moribito... >_>
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby crazypackersfan » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:16 pm

Roy Mustang (post: 1258941) wrote:Some of the problem is the anime fans. Most of your otakus will not watch anime on TV at all. They whine about it being edited and because its dub, that they are not going to sit down and watch it.

Agree, agree, agree. It makes me really mad that the sub elitists, as I call them, are the ones who hurt the industry the most by refusing to watch it on TV, even watch subbed versions on DVD, because their fansub versions are better in some way. I don't mind subs as much as I mind sub fans who want to ruin it for those of us who like dubs.

Of course I don't know why any sober person would watch the garbage that Adult Swim makes themselves, but that's another story.

I can only hope that Bleach stays on for good, otherwise it would be possible that they would stop dubbing it. It did have great ratings during some of those Soul Society arc episodes that were brilliant and exciting, so it's possible that some of the drop-off has come from the fact that it's filler.
crazypackersfan

Postby Dante » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:48 pm

What Adult Swim could along with Cartoon Network in order to improve their ratings... actually use their funding to produce an original anime series... I mean, they're a rather large network and they seem like they would have the resources to pull it off... JPN channels do it all the time... why not CN (they should have a vast surplus of funds for all the hours they waste of air-time showing 48 hour blocks of bugs bunny and what not). Yeah, new anime, have it written by Studio Ghibli (SP?)... that ought to do the trick.
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:14 pm

Its kind of funny...
but I've seen the quality of CN cartoons go downhill in the past few months... I mean with shows like Flapjack, and Total Drama Island... (along with the AS lineup...) It's just kinda giving me more and more reasons to delete that channel altogether XD.

ho'well..
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby Roy Mustang » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:38 pm

Pascal wrote:What Adult Swim could along with Cartoon Network in order to improve their ratings... actually use their funding to produce an original anime series... I mean, they're a rather large network and they seem like they would have the resources to pull it off... JPN channels do it all the time... why not CN (they should have a vast surplus of funds for all the hours they waste of air-time showing 48 hour blocks of bugs bunny and what not). Yeah, new anime, have it written by Studio Ghibli (SP?)... that ought to do the trick.

Yeah, but there are a few problems with that.

One is, Adult Swim programs are done very cheap and they get their money back from the DVD sells. Which is why you see them more of this and since both the ratings and the dvd sells do well, they will keep doing that.

Also, what people don't know about anime in Japan is, when a series is made, a lot of funding from other companies goes into the series. Most of the studios in Japan would go broke if they funded the anime projects by theirself. So they mostly make money of the dvd's sells and advertisers money.

If Adult Swim did this, they would have to get the backing of companies and the only ones that I could see help funding would be from Japan.

Now, Cartoon Network did help fund the some of Big 0 season two, but they did have help with a few Japan compaines as well. Cartoon Network like how the series went and wanted to do more, but the companies in Japan were not please with it as far as they didn't go much return money back. So they said that they wouldn't fund anymore eps after season two and Cartoon Network couldn't fund the whole thing by its self. Plus Cartoon Network and Production I.G did a joint as well and made Immortal Grand Prix, but Cartoon Network wasn't please with how the work out and they didn't much money off of it and never wanted to do anymore eps after that.

So, its easier said then done. Now there are some US companies were helping with some of the funding to some joint US/Japan anime series. one of them was Five Killers and now the project is on hold, because the anime studio is working with another joint US/Japan project, which is more Afro Samurai eps.

Could it be done, yes. After all a joint Russia/Canada/Japan series is being done right now.

Now that said, Cartoon Network has tired it already, with one being a hit and one not being a hit. So, I think that Cartoon Network has to really pay a lot of money to an anime studio to do it, then they are not going to risk it at all, when they can make very cheap programing and make money of it and why should they try it, when anime ratings are not that good, but their other cheap programing is doing well.

Roy Mustang

Postby ADXC » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:20 pm

I just don't know what to say. I guess I should be lucky they are still airing anime at all. It's sad to see this stuff happening because I really liked IGPX. I thought they did well with that series, oh well.
ADXC

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews