New Webmanga: Stick Monkey

Calling all self-proclaimed mangaka!

Postby Souba » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:20 pm

ChristianKitsune (post: 1197529) wrote:Thanks so much!!!
By the way, I remember you saying something about your comic being available soon, or is it already available? How can I buy it because I REALLY want to read it!

[color="RoyalBlue"]
No problem, CK especially when I enjoyed something, very well done like your comic. ^^
Um, my comic should be out maybe sometime this month. I might make an announcement on the boards when the time comes, until then I can read other people's stuff, muhhhahh! ]
@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~

[color="RoyalBlue"]We are not saved by the Law, but by Grace[/color]

@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~
Souba

Location: Second star to the right and straight on until morning!

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:58 am

^_^ I can't wait to read your comic, Souba!!

Okay everyone 3 more pages today! ^_^ I'm sorry for the delay school's really kicking me hard!

I'll try to update sometime in mid-april!

Please bear with the story, I know it might seem slow right now, but I feel this content is necassary to build up who Brendan is..
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby ChristianKitsune » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:28 pm

haha... Mid April...

OKAY I finally updated everyone- 4 pages... I hope you like them!

http://stickmonkey.theproject.us/Comic.html
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby Sakura15 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:07 pm

XD YAAAY! more stick monkey!!

haha! looking at himself in the spoon, cuute! ^^
[color="SeaGreen"]
"For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." -Isaiah 41:13
[/color]

[font="Georgia"]
Sakura's Deviantart
[/font]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]
For what do I have
If I don't have You, Jesus?
What in this life
Could mean any more?- Starfield
[/color]
Sakura15

Postby Sheenar » Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:43 am

Ummm...I'm a little bit behind. I just read the first chapter. But it's amazing! You've done a wonderful job, Kit-chan! :thumb:

I love chibi Brendan...and the Pillow Fight Ninja. And Stick Monkey is adorable --I loved (his/her?) little paper hat.

I look forward to catching up whenever I can (I'm sure you understand how classes are sometimes...;) )

Edit: I looked at your main page and you misspelled Chronicles at the bottom... it's spelled
"Chornicles".....nothing a quick edit won't fix.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:44 pm

Sakura15 (post: 1233551) wrote:XD YAAAY! more stick monkey!!

haha! looking at himself in the spoon, cuute! ^^

Haha thank you! ^^

Ummm...I'm a little bit behind. I just read the first chapter. But it's amazing! You've done a wonderful job, Kit-chan!

I love chibi Brendan...and the Pillow Fight Ninja. And Stick Monkey is adorable --I loved (his/her?) little paper hat.

I look forward to catching up whenever I can (I'm sure you understand how classes are sometimes... )

Edit: I looked at your main page and you misspelled Chronicles at the bottom... it's spelled
"Chornicles".....nothing a quick edit won't fix.

Haha! thank you, Sheenar! ^_^ Thanks for reading!!

Oh! MY GOSH! HAHA! I didn't notice that...

probably happened when I updated the page REALLY late at night...whoops.

It will be updated by next time, I'm actually planning on trying to redo the sub pages a bit...
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby ChristianKitsune » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:44 am

OKAAAY 4 new pages guys: http://stickmonkey.theproject.us/comic I hope you guys enjoy the update!

As you will probably see, I did update the comic index page, it's got a LOT of kinks left before it's perfect... and I'm sorry for that. But I did add a fun shoutbox, and stuffs. It was suggested to me that I add the updated page links below the synopsis, so I apologize but scrolling will be necassary... -_-

I'm still REALLY new at HTML, and my html editor that I have right now is really hard to work with... :/ So this will have to do for now... sorry.
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:12 am

Great job, Kitchan! I love the dad's dry sense of humor with the pudding.

I can see this becoming an anime ANY dubbing company would love to have!

I was flipping back through the earlier pages, and I noticed something...when Brendan is at the fridge on page 20, there's a tic-tac-toe game to his right that ended in a stalemate--also known as "Cat". Was this foreshadowing for SM's encounter with Pixie, or is this just a red herring and a sign that I have WAY too much time on my hands?
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby ChristianKitsune » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:01 pm

KhakiBlueSocks (post: 1243914) wrote:Great job, Kitchan! I love the dad's dry sense of humor with the pudding.

I can see this becoming an anime ANY dubbing company would love to have!

I was flipping back through the earlier pages, and I noticed something...when Brendan is at the fridge on page 20, there's a tic-tac-toe game to his right that ended in a stalemate--also known as "Cat". Was this foreshadowing for SM's encounter with Pixie, or is this just a red herring and a sign that I have WAY too much time on my hands?

Hehe. Thanks a bunch! ^_^

Awww it would be fun to see so many webcomics animated! I could totally see SMC animated but I wonder who would do the voices? haha.

Ohhhh thaaaaat. Noez I kinda referenced Ann's comic Tic Tac Toe Joe! (Check it out! It's awesome!)

good eyes though!
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby ChristianKitsune » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:10 pm

Hey guys! I updated with 5 pages this time! 8D The chapter is really winding down. I think there'll be one more update and Chapter 2 is over XD.

Thanks so much for reading guys! I would also like to announce that I've posted a slew of fanart over in the "Extras" area... so please check those out! ^_^
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby ChristianKitsune » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:32 am

XD I've had a lot to do in the past few weeks, but I did manage to update Stick Monkey Chronicles for you guys! It's only two pages though... so nothing special. >_<

http://stickmonkey.theproject.us

I would like to know if you guys want to see a bulk update once a month (4+ pages) or a 2 page update twice a month? (If my classes will allow for that >.>;)

I hope you guys like the update I think this is where I kind of put more into the story than just "OMGOSH STICK MONKEY IS SO CUTE!" XD. So I hope you guys will enjoy that, and forgive me if it seemed boring along the way. ._. I really wanted to flesh out the characters a bit.
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:32 am

[quote="ChristianKitsune (post: 1259412)"]XD I've had a lot to do in the past few weeks, but I did manage to update Stick Monkey Chronicles for you guys! It's only two pages though... so nothing special. >_<

http://stickmonkey.theproject.us

I would like to know if you guys want to see a bulk update once a month (4+ pages) or a 2 page update twice a month? (If my classes will allow for that >.>]

Great as always, Kitchan! The artstyle in these two pages is really good. I love the fact that you're expanding the story beyond the kawaii-ness that is Stick Monkey and actually getting into Brendan's head. I love the scene with the picture frame as well and the metaphor of cutting his finger on the sharp glass. Very deep.

Though I did kinda find the little "Kachink" in the last frame did kinda break the mood a bit. It was cute, but, personally I think the action was more important than the sound.

With regard to your update schedule, you should do whatever YOU'RE comfortable with. We all know you're busy with school, work, drooling over Crispin Freeman's picture (lol) and I think I speak for everyone when I say we don't want to distract you from any of that! Update whenever you feel comfortable. Though, personally, I think you would do better doing one big update instead of doing two smaller ones; get it done in one fell swoop!

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

KhakiBlueSocks

Postby ChristianKitsune » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:54 pm

thanks a lot for the feedback, Socks! ^_^ I really appreciate it! And I'm glad you got the "deepness" of Brendan cutting his finger I wanted to show the pain that what happened to his family can cause ^^;

XD I think you might be right about the "kachink" think I'll take it out when I update next! thanks!!!

I keep getting mixed answers to how often I should update! XD Some want more frequent updates with less pages, others like bulk updates... argh. XD

Thanks a lot! ^_^
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby ChristianKitsune » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:42 pm

2 Page update, everyone! ^_^/ It's also the last two pages of the Chapter! 8D I'm almost 50 pages into the story! Whoopeee!!

Socks, I changed the words from page 47 (took the "kachink" out XD)

thanks for reading everyone! I have big ideas for the remainder of the story I hope you have bared with me long enough to get this far and you will bare with me long enough to read the rest of it! ^_^
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby soul alive » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:36 pm

I love SMC, CK - so adorable, and you're able to step away from that and have serious issues too. Keep up the awesome work. ^_^
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:16 pm

[font="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="4"][color="RoyalBlue"]I know you're setting up for a BIG reveal in this story, I can feel it in my odd little bones (well, not too little bones, I am 6'1, after all. But that's beside the point now, isn't it?)

Great work on this one. I went back to that frame that we were talking about, and it works much better without the "Kachink". And yes, I noticed the little "Sigh" on page 49, but you know, it works! It really works!

I do have one question that's been on my mind. Is Brendan's dad based off anyone in particular (in terms of looks and personality) or is he just a completely random person pulled from that brilliantly artistic head of yours?

This story is going places! I know you may get tired of hearing this, but KEEP IT UP!![/color][/SIZE][/font]

KhakiBlueSocks

Postby ChristianKitsune » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:52 am

Ah didn't see your comments guys! >_<

First of all 4 new pages this week! (including the cover page XD) It was a pretty heavy couple of pages... but I hope you guys understand Brendan a bit more.

Thanks, SA! I appreciate that comment! I don't want SMC to be just all about fluffiness and pooding! XD So to hear you say something like that means a lot to me and what I want to accomplish..

Socks XD Where did Landon come from?? Hmmm. I'm not sure to be honest. He doesn't really represent anyone I know in real life... Although my dad wears glasses and when he was younger he wore his hair slightly longish. XD but personality wise they are totally different and my dad is a blonde XD.

Sooo he's mostly random. With a possible subconscious base of my dad?
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:35 am

Whoo-Hoo! I'm glad I took a late lunch (It's now 6:24AM...I was supposed to go to lunch at 2:30AM but I had calls to listen to, and a meeting to conduct. It's hard out here for a Leader Intern...) otherwise I would've missed the comic as I go right to bed after getting home. (Well, not RIGHT to bed...I have to watch my anime. Heh.)

Anyway, this update is REALLY good! I love the cover art! If there's one thing I love about your artwork is the attention you give to hair and eyes. I did notice that with the cover, Brendan is missing his signature blue tips on his hair. Granted it's in black and white, but normally there's some sort of shadow there that indicates the shading. Is this a character change? Anyway, it looks cool all the same!

I have to say, I love the first couple of pages were really moving. You spoke VOLUMES without saying a single word. I really feel what's going on in this scene, it's quite emotional. Once again, your attention to detail is spot-on...right down to the animals on Brendan's pajamas and the tears on his cheeks. Beautiful. The slight blurring is also really cool.

I have to say, I love the "beeps" you put in the bottom of the last page and the top of the first page. It's subtle, yet it gets louder just like an alarm clock--coolness. I also love the fact that you went from a really dramatic and dark dream sequence to a funny scene with chibi-Brendan looking for Stick Monkey. Question for you: the battery on Brendan's pajamas--does it react to his emotions or what? It looks like it changed expressions or something...I WANT that shirt!

Not much else I can say...wait...there IS one thing I can say...

ImageImageImage[color=seagreen]EPIC WIN. [/color]

KhakiBlueSocks

Postby SusanTheCat » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:03 am

Love the silent scene. Good call on having no dialogue.

Susan
SusanTheCat

Postby ChristianKitsune » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:23 am

KhakiBlueSocks (post: 1265538) wrote:Whoo-Hoo! I'm glad I took a late lunch (It's now 6:24AM...I was supposed to go to lunch at 2:30AM but I had calls to listen to, and a meeting to conduct. It's hard out here for a Leader Intern...) otherwise I would've missed the comic as I go right to bed after getting home. (Well, not RIGHT to bed...I have to watch my anime. Heh.)

Anyway, this update is REALLY good! I love the cover art! If there's one thing I love about your artwork is the attention you give to hair and eyes. I did notice that with the cover, Brendan is missing his signature blue tips on his hair. Granted it's in black and white, but normally there's some sort of shadow there that indicates the shading. Is this a character change? Anyway, it looks cool all the same!

I have to say, I love the first couple of pages were really moving. You spoke VOLUMES without saying a single word. I really feel what's going on in this scene, it's quite emotional. Once again, your attention to detail is spot-on...right down to the animals on Brendan's pajamas and the tears on his cheeks. Beautiful. The slight blurring is also really cool.

I have to say, I love the "beeps" you put in the bottom of the last page and the top of the first page. It's subtle, yet it gets louder just like an alarm clock--coolness. I also love the fact that you went from a really dramatic and dark dream sequence to a funny scene with chibi-Brendan looking for Stick Monkey. Question for you: the battery on Brendan's pajamas--does it react to his emotions or what? It looks like it changed expressions or something...I WANT that shirt!

Not much else I can say...wait...there IS one thing I can say...

ImageImageImage[color=seagreen]EPIC WIN. [/color]

Thanks! For that really in depth comment! It means a lot to me when people care enough to write so much! XD

I was a bit worried about these pages, the entire time I was like "How will my readers react to this? Will they find it stupid? Unrealistic? I asked so many people if stuff like this does happen I did research and everything, XD I feel so horrible about doing that... I really asked friends of mine how they are doing after a few years after divorce. Thankfully, they were comfortable talking about it...

No, it's not a character Change on the Cover page XD. Brendan and Stick Monkey were mostly done with ink...and although I touched Stick Monkey up a bit in photoshop with the coloring, I wanted to Leave Brendan alone a bit. I'm practicing on my inking skills ^^] Love the silent scene. Good call on having no dialogue.

Susan [/QUOTE]

Wow! Thanks so much! I'm glad this scene is going over well... ^^;
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby whisperingloon » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:44 pm

I have to say, i've enjoyed what I've read of Stick Monkey so far.

It's a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to reading more!

~ Ben
~~~~~~~~
www.benaveryonline.com
The descent to Avernus is easy;
The gate of Pluto stands open night and day;
But to retrace one’s steps and return to the upper air,
That is the toil, that is the difficulty.
-Virgil
whisperingloon

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:40 am

Oh Wow! Whisperingloon thank you so much for reading! I'm glad you're enjoying it! I'm having fun writing it too!
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby whisperingloon » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:09 am

When will we be seeing more?

Btw, the silent pages at the beginning of chapter 3 were very effective. Far more emotional impact than if there had been words, I think. Nice job.

~ Ben
~~~~~~~~
www.benaveryonline.com
The descent to Avernus is easy;
The gate of Pluto stands open night and day;
But to retrace one’s steps and return to the upper air,
That is the toil, that is the difficulty.
-Virgil
whisperingloon

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:19 pm

When will I post more? Hopefully at the beginning of Next Month. I posted in my shoutbox that updates would probably be sparatic this month because I'm participating in NANOWRIMO. XD I'm almost done with that and I plan on working on pages whie I'm at my grandparents next week 8D.

and since It's been a month, I'm going to try for a 4-5 page update too...so I would say by the first or second week of December there should be an update. Sorry about the delay too! >_<'''' there's not much I could do though! I work on the pages by myself and because I pretty much paint each panel digitally it takes some time...:/

I'm very glad that eveyrone is enjoying it so far though! Those pages were difficult to work on emotionally as I have several friends who have gone through what Brendan's going through....

Thank you so much, Ben! that means A LOT coming from you!!!
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby Robin Firedrake » Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:25 pm

Links not working for me...
Robin Firedrake

Postby ChristianKitsune » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:51 am

Robin Firedrake (post: 1270682) wrote:Links not working for me...

o.O not working? It's working fine on my end >_>]http://stickmonkey.theproject.us[/url]

is that the link you tried?
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby Robin Firedrake » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:31 am

NOW it works! It said 404 before.

Ha! It's great! He does exactly the same things i do when i can't think of anything to write =P
Robin Firedrake

Postby ChristianKitsune » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:57 pm

Robin Firedrake (post: 1270736) wrote:NOW it works! It said 404 before.

Ha! It's great! He does exactly the same things i do when i can't think of anything to write =P

Lol yah, that's an OLD link and I can't go back and edit it ^^;
Thanks! I'm glad you're enjoying it so far! 8D I plan on redoing the first few pages ^^; because I was still learning how to properly set up pages...and I feel the quality of the first few pages aren't as good as they are now..(and I still have a lot ot learn)
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:02 pm

[quote="ChristianKitsune"]Lol yah, that's an OLD link and I can't go back and edit it ^^]
What link from which post needs to be edited to what?
uc pseudonym

Postby ChristianKitsune » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:42 pm

The first Post in the thread has a link to the webcomic that I had used when Mave was still putting the pages on the site for me. (Before I set up my own site...) that link no longer works. because I moved to the more permanent location.. XD

it should say http://www.stickmonkey.theproject.us instead of what it is.

In an effort to alleviate the confusion I have just been posting the link whenever I announced I had updated ^^;;
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Previous Next

Return to Webmanga/comics