Review Requests

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby Arnobius » Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:05 pm

CDLviking wrote:It's not something to take on lightly for sure.

No. I'd do ones I have in my collection that I used to study the darker side of anime and not do new ones.

I'll probably do Gantz when it's completed because the hype of "too controversial for Japan" is basically a teen magnet and they need to know how graphic it is...

I'll probably also do Kekko Kamen because it's marketed as a mild sex comedy but it's pretty offensive and degrading to women.
Arnobius

Postby shooraijin » Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:11 pm

I'm not very bullish on Kekko Kamen. I'd hold on that one until Gypsy gets back. Gantz would be a good choice, though.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Arnobius » Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:27 pm

shooraijin wrote:I'm not very bullish on Kekko Kamen. I'd hold on that one until Gypsy gets back. Gantz would be a good choice, though.

OK, scratch Kekko then. Gantz is only 50% through box 1. Do you want me to wait until they finish the first set or do what they have now (3dvds--6 eps).
Arnobius

Postby shooraijin » Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:25 am

Wait for the first set, for right now.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Arnobius » Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:31 pm

shooraijin wrote:Wait for the first set, for right now.

SOunds good. I guess 2-3 months maybe less at the current release rate...
Arnobius

Postby plutogrl03 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:18 pm

I watching Kino's Journey right now so does anyone mind if I submit a review after I finish it? I can also do NieA_7 but I'll need time.
Sometimes you just need to bang your head against a wall. :bang:

Member of the Official CAA DDR Song Club
plutogrl03

Postby Mithrandir » Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:47 am

Hi Plutogirl03 - Feel free to post a review, but please bear in mind the stuff from the front page of the reviews adding page...

Please remember that all forum rules apply here, and that mods/admins are volunteers. We have lives, and may not get to this immediately. Also note that submitting this form will not automatically update the main reviews database; all submissions are subject to mod approval. Once your submission has been reviewed, you will be PM'd with our decision. Also, do not post any copyrighted materials here. By submitting a review to this system, you are stating that this is your own original work. We reserve the right to edit/delete reviews.
Mithrandir

Postby Gypsy » Mon May 09, 2005 9:39 pm

I'm back, so be prepared for me to fall behind on the reviews once again. ;)
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Mangafanatic » Tue May 10, 2005 9:12 am

[quote="Gypsy"]I'm back, so be prepared for me to fall behind on the reviews once again. ]
Yay! Gypsy's back!! *throws confetti*
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Arnobius » Tue May 10, 2005 4:19 pm

Glad you're back, though I was suprised. Your farewell post made me wonder if it was going to be permanent.
Arnobius

Postby Rogie » Tue May 10, 2005 4:40 pm

GYPSY'S BACK! WOOT! Welcome back, Gypsy! And no, I have not made much progress on my promised reviews. Sorry... :sweat:
Zar wrote:Praise God for all things awesome. Life ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But sanctify the Lord your God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
-- 1 Peter 3:15
Rogie

Postby Gypsy » Wed May 11, 2005 10:09 pm

AnimeHeretic wrote:Glad you're back, though I was suprised. Your farewell post made me wonder if it was going to be permanent.

Oh no, I'm sorry if I made it sound that way. :sweat: I only went out of state for a little over a month right after I moved out of my apartment. (And people ask why I use the name "Gypsy." :eyeroll:) I had very unstable internet connection which is why I had to take off from CAA while I was gone.
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Arnobius » Wed May 11, 2005 10:37 pm

Gypsy wrote:Oh no, I'm sorry if I made it sound that way. :sweat: I only went out of state for a little over a month right after I moved out of my apartment. (And people ask why I use the name "Gypsy." :eyeroll:) I had very unstable internet connection which is why I had to take off from CAA while I was gone.

Ah. So probably I was just misreading what you said.

Will you take a Gantz review when the first box set is filled? Or is that too bad for CAA?
Arnobius

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu May 12, 2005 5:23 am

It's good to have you back, Gypsy. For some reason I was under the impression that you would be gone a bit longer.
uc pseudonym

Postby desperado » Sun May 15, 2005 6:13 pm

i would like to request a review of gunsmith cats and the naruto movie
desperado

Postby faithfighter » Sun May 15, 2005 10:11 pm

it would rock to have a Manga review area...
[color="Green"][font="Verdana"]There is no one you can't love once you know their story-Mary Lou Lawnacki[/font][/color]
faithfighter

Postby Ichigo_89 » Fri May 20, 2005 7:31 am

I'd like to request a review for PeaceMaker. HELP MEH!!
Ichigo_89

Postby Gypsy » Fri May 20, 2005 8:05 pm

faithfighter wrote:it would rock to have a Manga review area...

Yes, it would and it's been talked of in the past. If you have any questions about a particular manga, I'd suggest searching for a similar thread in the manga section, and if none show up, then go ahead and ask about it. Chances are somene will be able to let you know the details of a manga series.

I'll put Gunsmith Cats back on my "reviews to write" list, ok? :)
Gypsy

Postby Joshua Christopher » Tue May 24, 2005 3:45 pm

I would be interested in doing a review for Spriggan, and Shin Getter Robo Armageddon...

Would you like reviews of either of these?
Joshua Christopher

Postby Gypsy » Sun May 29, 2005 11:47 am

Both of those would be really helpful, thank you. :)
Gypsy

Postby Ashley » Mon May 30, 2005 9:13 pm

I know no one has requested this, but I'm willing to write up the Escaflowne TV Series review. I'm on disc #7 of 8 now, so I can be finished pretty quickly.
Ashley

Postby Arnobius » Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:08 am

wildarmsheero wrote:Requesting reviews of: Genshiken, Otaku No Video, Samurai Champloo and Puni Puni Poemi.

Also, just for the record, the original ROD was a 3 episode OVA, not a movie.

I can do Otaku no Video and Puni Puni Poemi if it's OK with the mods.
Arnobius

Postby Mangafanatic » Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:10 pm

Ashley wrote:I know no one has requested this, but I'm willing to write up the Escaflowne TV Series review. I'm on disc #7 of 8 now, so I can be finished pretty quickly.

Hmm, don't we have an Escaflowne tv review under the title "Visions of Escaflowne?" Or are they different things?
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Ashley » Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:05 pm

No, the movie is VERY different from the TV series. My series review is in approval-limbo.
Ashley

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:02 am

wildarmsheero wrote:Requesting reviews of: Genshiken, Otaku No Video, Samurai Champloo and Puni Puni Poemi.

I should be able to create a review, once I actually see the entire series. At the moment I have it, but I rarely have the time to watch anime.
uc pseudonym

Postby Mangafanatic » Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:35 pm

Ashley wrote:No, the movie is VERY different from the TV series. My series review is in approval-limbo.

Oooh! I see!

Mangafanatic

Postby Rogie » Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:40 pm

EDIT: Well, I recently finished the Gundam SEED and Marmalade Boy series, so if it's okay, I'll work on those. (I know, I know, I've already signed up for others, too...)

The Gundam SEED and Marmalade Boy reviews could be finished long before those others, though. Let me know if this isn't okay! :thumb:
Zar wrote:Praise God for all things awesome. Life ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But sanctify the Lord your God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
-- 1 Peter 3:15
Rogie

Postby rocklobster » Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:29 pm

I sent in reviews for Android Kikaider and Super Milk-Chan but you guys haven't posted them nor given me any messages about whether they've been accepted. Should I do them again?
rocklobster

Postby Mithrandir » Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:00 pm

If you submitted them, then they are in the system. Re-Submitting them will only slow down the submission process. We have certain criteria that have to be met, however, and lives too. ;)
Mithrandir

Postby Gypsy » Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:15 pm

Yeah, we have your reviews, rocklobster, and I'm sorry for dragging my feet. Never fear, they're still in the pending area.
Gypsy

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews