October Coloring Contest! Yes!

Win the competitions and get free cookies! (sorry for lame description, perhaps Ink can come up with a better one)

My Submission

Postby Falcon » Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:22 am

OK Guys here is a little something to pass your eye of positive crit. to pass over.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Love Light Life -
be these and it could cost you your Pride.
do not be them and you will sure keep your Pride.
But certainly lose your Love, Light and Life.

Love God, Love People.
Falcon

Postby meboeck » Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:34 am

Nice job Falcon. I love what you did with the planet in the background. I am working on my entry and should have it up tonight.
*insert poem, quote, or witty comment here*

"If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! -- [color=#cc3322]MOES."
[/color]
meboeck

Postby Kuro-Mizu » Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:25 am

Wah I love this picture but I dont think I will be able to finish on time WAAHH! But we will see!
CAA does the FACE!
ImageImageImage
Formerly Known As Vernhal
//My Devart\\//My Sheezyart\\
Kuro-Mizu

Postby Esoteric » Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:14 pm

A swiming lunar chicken? hehehehe very cool idea, Falcon. Nice water, too.

Pilloswine, or Scribs, whoever you are now...one word describes yours, ...fReAkY... :wow!:
Esoteric

Postby White Raven » Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:58 pm

Here it is.
I don't even want to remember how long it took. :drool:

Click on the link for the larger version.

http://photobucket.com/albums/a251/tammi21/?action=view¤t=duckduckswan3copy.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
formerly known as ILoveArt

My Deviant Art

Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic. Dave Barry

bigsleepj wrote: Unfinished stories never leave you, nor do they fester. They only grow better, like wine locked away in a deep dark cellar, waiting for you to bottle it and bring it to the light.
White Raven

Postby meboeck » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:12 pm

GAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did my entry in colored pencils but now my scanner is being evil. So I have no entry. T.T

Awesome job ILoveArt! I love the double sunrise/set thing! Coolness!!!

[/color]
meboeck

Postby Falcon » Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:00 am

cOOL ENTRY ILOVEART love the water plants and lobster.
Love Light Life -

Love God, Love People.
Falcon

Postby White Raven » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:59 am

Thanks meboeck,
sorry about your scanner. :(
Falcon,
I was going to do the same thing, and put rings on my planet. But I decided not to.
I like the way it turned out on yours.

My Deviant Art

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic. Dave Barry

bigsleepj wrote: Unfinished stories never leave you, nor do they fester. They only grow better, like wine locked away in a deep dark cellar, waiting for you to bottle it and bring it to the light.
White Raven

Postby rii namuras » Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:24 pm

(Meh. I can't enter this month - I've been running around like crazy and I won't be able to put in the effort I would want to know. Next month, honest!)

(Iloveart, I love your Sebastion. Or however you spell his name.)
rii namuras

Postby Esoteric » Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:43 pm

I like the irridecent effect of the feathers, LArt!
Esoteric

Postby White Raven » Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:58 pm

ree namuras,
I put Sebastian in there because, I kept hearing his song Under the Sea, in my head, when I was coloring. :)

Esoteric,
Actually I was surprised the I even pulled the iridescence look off.
I like the clouds in yours, they look so fluffy!

Thank you all for your comments. :)

My Deviant Art

White Raven

Postby CreatureArt » Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:50 pm

@_@ Wow. Your entries, Lart and Falcon, are awesome! I love what you've done with the ocean floor, falcon - it looks so realistic! And the colours and all the little colourful creatures and plants you added, Lart, are amazing!

:) I really love what you all have done with the linework. :)
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
A sci-fi drama webcomic updating Thursdays.
PG-13. Rating description here.
---
CreatureArt

Postby White Raven » Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:17 pm

CreatureArt wrote:@_@ Wow. Your entries, Lart and Falcon, are awesome! I love what you've done with the ocean floor, falcon - it looks so realistic! And the colours and all the little colourful creatures and plants you added, Lart, are amazing!

:) I really love what you all have done with the linework. :)

Thank you! :thumb:

My Deviant Art

White Raven

Postby Kurama » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:32 pm

If any one need good line art...jusr PM me! Or lok in the Fan Art gallery...there plenty there! ^^
Kurama

Postby the_lizardqueen » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:16 pm

Oo, I love the other entries so much ^_^

Voila! It's my uber-rushed-overly-tropical-kinda-minamalistic interpretation. The lineart was so fun though, and it was nice to work on a piece of art outside of schoolwork. Kinda like a cooldown period after a frantic week. Yup.

*is pretty much doing a slightly disorientated beeline for her bed*
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy[/color]
the_lizardqueen

Postby White Raven » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:53 pm

Oh I like it!
Just think what you could have done if you would have had the time.

My Deviant Art

White Raven

Postby KrescentMoon » Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:03 pm

D: I'm so sorry, guys. By the way things look, I don't think I'll be able to submit in time or put it the effort I truly can. However, I just might color it for fun since it's a lovely drawing...>:3

But, notwithstanding, I have to comment on the submissions so far. I love them all! They're quite innovative and colorful. ;) The winner this month will be hard to pick, in my opinion.

"The key to tomorrow is to have faith for a better day."
KrescentMoon

Postby CreatureArt » Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:39 am

No worries, Krescent Moon. I hope you are free next month. ^_^

Wow, I love the colours and the watery tones, LQ! Thanks so much for putting in an entry even though you were really rushed. :)
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
---
CreatureArt

Postby olorc » Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:20 am

and the winner is... ILoveArt!!!!
way to go.
it was sooooo close between LQ and ILA, i think the clouds are what made the different. Although LQ's sky sure was awesome.
I'll pm Ink with a link to put on the homepage.
Run the race so as not to be disqualified from the prize.
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
olorc

Postby the_lizardqueen » Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:54 am

Congrats to ILoveArt and her incredimazingly detailed entry! :grin:

I'm thinking that I might have another go at CA's lineart over christmas break, if it's okay. I suddenly got the strange idea to try coloring a Scottish duck... :eyebrow:
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy[/color]
the_lizardqueen

Postby White Raven » Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:35 am

I my gosh! I won, I won! *does little dance*
Thank you so much!
And to everyone that entered, thank you, because it is so nice seeing other peoples art!

To tell the truth I didn’t think anyone had a chance when I looked at LQ’s work.
I was sure LQ would win.

BTW Falcon before I forget to tell you, I love you sea horses. They are so much more cute then mine.

My Deviant Art

White Raven

Postby Esoteric » Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:57 pm

Congrats LArt! Good win.

LQ, nice soft shading as usual. The stars are definitely a nice touch.
Esoteric

Postby Scribs » Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:39 pm

Congrats Lart.

Once again I have been foiled in my quest to win the coloring contest... Next time I will win... Next time.... *shakes fist at the sky*
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby Falcon » Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:29 pm

Congrats I_Love_Art well done on your really cool mountain/clouds. I took my inspiration for the seahorse and other fish from "finding nemo". Love the lobster.

Well done everyone. Can't wait for next months competetion.
Love Light Life -

Love God, Love People.
Falcon

Postby CreatureArt » Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:49 pm

Congratulations, Lart! Yours was a beautiful entry. :thumb:

Piloscribs wrote:Once again I have been foiled in my quest to win the coloring contest... Next time I will win... Next time.... *shakes fist at the sky*

Maybe you should bring out the mind control computer in order to ensure your victory.... :evil: ....of course, your plans might be foiled by Ink and Ash.... ]I'm thinking that I might have another go at CA's lineart over christmas break, if it's okay. I suddenly got the strange idea to try coloring a Scottish duck... [/quote]

Of course. Only with the request that you send me a copy of the finished copy if you remember about it (if for some reason you don't finish or you don't remember, no worries: it would just be cool to see the finished product).

I'm sorry that I didn't manage to get an entry in this time. I just didn't have anything approaching a reasonably finished product. :red: Still, I look forward to next month.
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
---
CreatureArt

Postby White Raven » Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:30 pm

Scribs wrote:Congrats Lart.

Once again I have been foiled in my quest to win the coloring contest... Next time I will win... Next time.... *shakes fist at the sky*

Awww don't feel bad. I liked yours a lot ;) I think the little hunter guy was a nice touch.

My Deviant Art

White Raven

Postby KrescentMoon » Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:33 pm

Congratulations, ILoveArt! My favorite part is what you did for the water...The fish! XD

"The key to tomorrow is to have faith for a better day."
KrescentMoon

Postby meboeck » Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:21 pm

Congrats, Lart! Awesome job!

[/color]
meboeck

Postby White Raven » Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:22 pm

KrescentMoon wrote:Congratulations, ILoveArt! My favorite part is what you did for the water...The fish! XD

Thank you so much!

meboeck wrote:Congrats, Lart! Awesome job!

Awww big hug :hug:

My Deviant Art

White Raven

Previous

Return to Art Contests