Review Requests

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby Lynx » Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:16 pm

might i request a genshiken review?
In my heart's sequestered chambers
Lie truths stripped of poet's gloss...
Lynx

Postby Android raptor » Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:36 am

Hmm, has anyone reviewed Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket? Very good series...
"Our prayer is that we do not become a monster, in order to defeat the monster." -Bono

"When a being suffers, there can be no moral justification for refusing to take that suffering into consideration." -Joaquin Phoenix
Android raptor

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:12 pm

Hmm, has anyone reviewed Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket? Very good series...

not that i no of but i can work on one
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Gypsy » Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:27 pm

Wow ... so this is where this thread went. I, uh ... lost it for a while. ^^;
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby EricTheFred » Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:46 pm

I would gladly volunteer to write and submit a review on "Tenjho Tenge", just to make sure there is one in the database so that no one else needs to waste their time on this travesty... but, I refuse to watch even one more episode. I know that the guideline is, don't review something if you haven't seen the entire series, but is that really necessary in the case where one disc is all you need to see, to know how raunchy and inappropriate something is?
Just curious. Really, I would be fine if someone else did the review, so that there was a nice big STAY AWAY sign on it, so this is actually just a review request. But, I needed to blow off a little steam, too.
May the Lord bless you and keep you.
May He cause His face to shine upon you.
May He lift up His countenance and grant you peace.

Maokun: Ninjas or Pirates? (Vikings are not a valid answer, sorry)

EricTheFred: Vikings are always a valid answer.

Feel free to visit My Writing.com Portfolio

Largo: "Well Ed, good to see ya. Guess I gotta beat the crap out of you now."

Jamie Hyneman: "It's just another lovely day at the bomb range. Birds are singing, rabbits are hopping about, and soon there's going to be a big explosion."
EricTheFred

Postby Gypsy » Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:21 pm

Ok, these are the reviews sitting in the database at the moment

Appleseed
Big O I/II
Candidate for Goddess
DNAngel
Full Metal Panic - the 2nd Raid
God? Save Our King
Gundam 0800
Gungrave
Honey & Clover
IGPX
Midori Days
Only Yesterday
Please Teacher
Pom Poko
Spriggan
Steamboy
Wedding Peach DX
Weiss Kruez Gluhen
Whisper of the Heart
*and Monster too

Just because it's posted here doesn't mean it's automatically going in the database. There might be doubles up there anyway, because that was a quick look-n-type list - I didn't double check with the existing reviews. Anyway, this is so everyone will know what's already on the burner.
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:32 pm

Ryan sooo just submitted a review for Monster! (mwaha)
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby chimera189 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:00 pm

Requesting review for Mahoraba ~Heartful days~
Defend the Bible? I would as soon defend a lion! Charles Spurgeon
I want to know how God created this world. I am not interested in this or that phenomenon, in the spectrum of this or that element. I want to know His thoughts. The rest are details. Albert Einstien
Luke 23:39-43; "And it also makes me smile to think that there is a grinning ex-con walking the streets of gold that knows more about grace than a thousand theologans. No one else would have given him a prayer, but in the end that is all he had, and in the end that is all it took." -Max Lucado

[url=myspace.com/chimera189]myspace[/url]
chimera189

Postby rocklobster » Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am

EricTheFred wrote:I would gladly volunteer to write and submit a review on "Tenjho Tenge", just to make sure there is one in the database so that no one else needs to waste their time on this travesty... but, I refuse to watch even one more episode. I know that the guideline is, don't review something if you haven't seen the entire series, but is that really necessary in the case where one disc is all you need to see, to know how raunchy and inappropriate something is?
Just curious. Really, I would be fine if someone else did the review, so that there was a nice big STAY AWAY sign on it, so this is actually just a review request. But, I needed to blow off a little steam, too.

If you think that's bad, check out Colorful. Obviously, those dudes were really lonely.
rocklobster

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:44 am

If you think that's bad, check out Colorful. Obviously, those dudes were really lonely.

yea the back of the 1st dvd screamed STAY FAR AWAY !!!!!! to me

GrubbTheFragger

Postby rocklobster » Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:01 pm

The only reason I saw it at all was because it was on G4. Ecchi should never be on TV here in the states. It'll set anime back way too far.
rocklobster

Postby Joshua Christopher » Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:17 pm

I'd be interested in doing a review for The End of Evangelion, but seeing as the controversial nature, maybe just for content and not opinions?

If, however, you'd like me to, I could provide opinions.
Joshua Christopher

Postby shooraijin » Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:24 pm

*puts on Gypsy disguise*

Due to the controversial nature of the Evangelion series/movies, those ones will be done internally.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:20 am

The only reason I saw it at all was because it was on G4. Ecchi should never be on TV here in the states. It'll set anime back way too far.

yea i mean alot of ppl already have a bad image of anime so that'll just make it worse

GrubbTheFragger

Postby Hitokiri » Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:45 pm

Sooo...what's up with Rev Doc? Is he doing a Chobits review? If not, I am more then happy to put one up. As well, I would like to make a review for the OVA, Gynocyber if possible.
Hitokiri

Postby MorwenLaicoriel » Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:17 pm

Is there anyone who can do a review of Le Portrait de Petit Cossette? I want to see it, but I'm worried about the content...thanks in advance!
MorwenLaicoriel

Postby Husse » Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:15 pm

May I DO a review of Digimon Tamers and Frontier? Not sure if this is the place to ask, most of these appear to be requests, but all the same...
When life gives you lemons, wing 'em back and had some lemons of yer own! :D

Husse

Postby Joshua Christopher » Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:39 pm

I can do one for "Getter Robo: Armageddon", and "GunBuster: Aim for the Top!".
Joshua Christopher

Postby Maledicte » Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:48 pm

Hm, I can do ones for Nightwalker, Pet Shop of Horrors, Blackjack and Heat Guy J. (once I actually sit down and DO them.)
Maledicte

Postby Kisa » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:55 am

Colorful=bad/stay away/no no
Sadly my step-cousin loves it -_-
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby Puritan » Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:19 pm

Perhaps this may be the wrong place to post this but....

How do I find out which shows have pending reviews? I have seen several series that are not in your review database that I would be willing to review, but I have no desire to increase anyone's workload by submitting a review for something that already has a perfectly good review in the pipeline. Even looking through the threads in this section hasn't really helped. My apologies, but I figured I would offer. I would be willing to review R.O.D the TV series and Chrno Crusade, if such reviews are desired.
"...cease not a day from this work; be killing sin or it will be killing you." - John Owen The Mortification of Sin
Puritan

Postby CDLviking » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:26 pm

I've got an R.O.D. the TV review in the works, but I'm swamped with school at the moment. I'll probably get it done over spring break.
CDLviking

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:18 am

Puritan wrote:Perhaps this may be the wrong place to post this but....

How do I find out which shows have pending reviews? I have seen several series that are not in your review database that I would be willing to review, but I have no desire to increase anyone's workload by submitting a review for something that already has a perfectly good review in the pipeline. Even looking through the threads in this section hasn't really helped. My apologies, but I figured I would offer. I would be willing to review R.O.D the TV series and Chrno Crusade, if such reviews are desired.

This is probably the best available place for the question.

The simplest answer is that you don't have a way of obtaining full information on this. Gypsy's initial post in this thread does (when updated) contain notes that indicate who has "called" a review and who may be in the process of one. It is actually a fairly good method to ask in this thread if anyone is attempting to write a review for a specific series (CDLviking's post is a good example of how this works).

However, I checked for you, and neither series you mentioned has a review that is merely waiting to be approved. Thanks for asking.
uc pseudonym

Postby Puritan » Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:37 am

Ahh, there we are! Ok, thank you very much.
"...cease not a day from this work; be killing sin or it will be killing you." - John Owen The Mortification of Sin
Puritan

Postby rocklobster » Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:25 am

OK, I'm reviewing Blue Seed now. I can't believe I never noticed you didn't have this up already.
rocklobster

Postby Puritan » Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:45 am

Unless you have an objection, Gypsy, I will begin reviewing Chrno Crusade. Your review appears to have been on hold for a goodly while, and it states it is open for another reviewer, so I would be happy to take care of it.
Puritan

Postby BrandonHeat » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:02 pm

Hey, when the whole series is out, can someone do a review of Gilgamesh?
BrandonHeat

Postby Gypsy » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:30 pm

Hmm, we used to have a Blue Seed review ... that's odd.
Gypsy

Postby Mangafanatic » Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:53 pm

Gypsy wrote:Hmm, we used to have a Blue Seed review ... that's odd.

Actually, we currently have a Blue seed review pending. Sorry about not noticing it or warning you!
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Gypsy » Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:01 am

Oh, I meant from a while ago - I remember writing one myself, but I'm wondering now if it ever made the transition from old CAA to here. Oh well.
Gypsy

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews