Review Requests

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby Joshua Christopher » Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:09 pm

I've got these in the works:

Mahoromatic: Automatic Maiden.

Fullmetal Alchemist: The Movie.

One Piece movie 4: Dead End no Bouken.
Joshua Christopher

Postby rocklobster » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:32 pm

Puritan, are you doing the chrono crusade anime or manga?
rocklobster

Postby Puritan » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:58 pm

I'm working on the anime, never read the manga.
"...cease not a day from this work; be killing sin or it will be killing you." - John Owen The Mortification of Sin
Puritan

Postby rocklobster » Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:43 am

Well, according to AI, the manga has a different ending. Thought I'd pass that on to you. The manga has 8 volumes in Japan.
rocklobster

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:32 pm

Ill do the CC manga, providing I finish em first x__x

Impact Alberto wrote:I've got these in the works:

Mahoromatic: Automatic Maiden.

Fullmetal Alchemist: The Movie.

One Piece movie 4: Dead End no Bouken.

I'm not sure about this, but I think I may have submitted a review for the FMA movie. But I am not too sure. I watched it on Christmas XD

Would any mod be kind to check and make sure?
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:29 pm

I didn't see it pending, so unless the movie has a really bizarre title (I assume it would have Fullmetal Alchemist attached, but I checked otherwise) it look as though you didn't write it.
uc pseudonym

Postby MyrrhLynn » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:47 pm

I've got a Prince of Tennis review about 1/2 the way done, and since I'm probably one of the only people on here who has seen both the anime and some of the manga for Whistle (and since it's been requested a couple of times) one of these days I will try to stop being lazy and review the Whistle anime! ;)

:x:Anti Yaoi Fans :x: Daystar Design :x: MyrrhLynn.NET :x: Need an avatar? Then Click here!

"Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES."
MyrrhLynn

Postby rocklobster » Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:59 am

I can review the Berserk anime from Keiichi Anime Forever's version unless anyone's claimed it. I've just started. I know that they were unable to even finish the manga (it has 28 volumes in Japan), but it did manage to do the first 12. [spoiler]I hear they lost funding, which is why the cliffhanger occurs at episode 25. [/spoiler] Has anyone taken the anime version?
rocklobster

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:34 pm

There isn't a review pending and I don't remember anyone claiming the anime version of it. Considering that the anime is essentially over (though they might make a second series) I think you could review it. This statement could, of course, be reversed by another moderator with better information.
uc pseudonym

Postby Splitter 2.0 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:02 pm

Well, I just submitted a Kannazuki no Miko review last night. With the hopes that everything with it goes well, I'd like to ask if there's any pending reviews on Kanon or Pita Ten? I think those would be fun animes to review for this site.
Anata e tsunagaru daichi ni, umarete yokatta...
Splitter 2.0

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:25 pm

There is not a review pending for either and I don't recall anyone claiming them.
uc pseudonym

Postby rocklobster » Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:32 am

Could you start PMing the reviewer when an anime or manga review has been posted? I've reviewed Tenchi the Movie 2: Daughter of Darkness and would like to know when it is up. Thanks
rocklobster

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:54 am

My suspicion is that this would be considered a bit more work than our already overworked review staff wants to do. A thread will be made in this forum, of course, and the occurance is often mentioned in this thread.
uc pseudonym

Postby rocklobster » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:05 am

sorry, UC. Just a suggestion.
rocklobster

Postby CDLviking » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:21 pm

I usually do get a PM from Gypsy when my reviews get posted.
CDLviking

Postby Mangafanatic » Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:07 am

rocklobster wrote:Could you start PMing the reviewer when an anime or manga review has been posted? I've reviewed Tenchi the Movie 2: Daughter of Darkness and would like to know when it is up. Thanks

This is completely my fault. I always try to PM users whose reviews are put up, but I forgot to PM a few people in the last wave of reviews. You SHOULD get a PM when your review goes up.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:02 pm

rocklobster wrote:sorry, UC. Just a suggestion.

Though as you see, my answer was wrong. Take everything I say regarding this thread with a grain of salt, because I'm merely a moderator that is around, not part of the actual review team.
uc pseudonym

Postby rocklobster » Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:45 pm

I do get them. I was just curious if this was SOP or not.
rocklobster

Postby faithfighter » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:28 pm

would It be alright if I wrote a review on Giant robo??
[color="Green"][font="Verdana"]There is no one you can't love once you know their story-Mary Lou Lawnacki[/font][/color]
faithfighter

Postby CDLviking » Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:44 pm

There's already a Giant Robo review. Check the link at the top of the page.
CDLviking

Postby Kawaiikneko » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:41 pm

Can one of the mods make some reviews for the Do Not Discuss titles? I think it would be really good to have impartial reviews that tell whats in a series so people can see why they're Do Not Discuss titles. You could lock the threads announcing they're up so people don't have to talk about them, but I think it'd be really beneficial.
Kawaiikneko

Postby rocklobster » Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:03 am

Actually, they have reviewed a couple.
Anyway, I'm watching Gundam SeeD Destiny and Berserk now on youtube. However, because I'm watching other titles as well, if anyone else would like to review them before I do, I won't mind.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:11 pm

Kawaiikneko wrote:Can one of the mods make some reviews for the Do Not Discuss titles? I think it would be really good to have impartial reviews that tell whats in a series so people can see why they're Do Not Discuss titles. You could lock the threads announcing they're up so people don't have to talk about them, but I think it'd be really beneficial.

I'm not sure what the precedent for this is, which is why I didn't answer when I first saw your question. But considering that Gypsy might not be able to answer it for a while, I'll tell you what I know.

We have submitted reviews for a few DND titles, all of them by carefully selected members. Most of the time our rationale was for the reasons you stated. However, I am uncertain why we have never reviewed the others.
uc pseudonym

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:18 pm

I have submitted a Revised Paranoia Agent and a Perfect Blue review. Incase anybody was curious about them. I know a few people were because of nudity reasons.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:45 am

is there a blue gender review up? if not i will be happy to do one once i finish the
series and also am i allowed to revise a review i did not write if so i am gonna revise th Rahxephon review cuz there is alot of stuff left out.
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:51 am

If the Rahxephon review isn't yours, then you can't revise it. Precedent indicates the best way to change things would be to find the thread for that review in this forum and bring up exactly what you feel was left out. That way people can see in the thread, and perhaps there will even be changes to the official review, if there is general agreement.
uc pseudonym

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:57 pm

ok thats what i figured UC thanks
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby rocklobster » Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:29 am

I'd like to do a review of the Cowboy Bebop movie. I hope you don't mind a somewhat biased, albeit positively, review.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:38 pm

You certainly may write one. I'm personally surprised that there isn't one already; perhaps I am merely remembering discussion of the film.
uc pseudonym

Postby rocklobster » Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:09 pm

It's up. *waits patiently for it to be posted*

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews